E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
hey jeffb, another thank you for a very thorough and detailed write up, as I too have been watching this unit very closely and cannot decide whether to act or not. I have a question for a much more basic install, and have been trying to read everything about these, and am just more confused. is this truly just a plug and play install for a completely factory HK set up? I want to pull out my old head unit, unplug and install this one, plug it in and be done.

Other than no satellite radio, what else can I expect when I turn it on? radio bleed-thru? static with dashboard lights on? no backlighting on the dynavin buttons at night? these are all things I've read and am just concerned. I think the unit looks very acceptable for what it is and what it costs... the ability to replace a Garmin stuck to the windshield and remove a goofy bluetooth from my ear is worth the price alone. The lack of integrated satellite radio sux, but I'll try to deal and just really want to act... help.

·
Registered
122 Posts
thanks XI, but I got rid of my iphone after less than 3mos... AT&T sucks where I live, it just wasn't an option. I've got a Blackberry and love it, so no Sirius/XM app. My point is just the fact that they omitted it. and I know the unit has an aux in, but you'll still need to have an outboard tuner. I have an '02 that I even bought a newer Business head unit, so I could have integrated satellite, lol.
My whole point in hoping this unit works is to get rid of my Garmin from the windshield... I just don't know...

·
Registered
122 Posts
and what aabout those of us with Blackberry's or other phones? iPhone's just don't work in my area and I just want the basic Sirius feed... No luck for us?
Does anyone know of any slimline, good outboard Sirius or XM recievers that you could hide in the ashtray and just run thru an aux in?

·
Registered
122 Posts
A sirius usb link! Didnt know that existed. i stand corrected! Looks like it might be possible after all. Common computer geniuses, make it happen.
Yeah, but jeff, do you think this will provide the ability to have all of the sirius channel, song, artist, etc information on the Dynavin screen? If not, why not just plug an S50 into an aux jack since you'll have to have the unit accessible anyway?
I still don't even have a unit yet anyway, I'm just trying to gather all of my facts beforehand... lol.
BTW, jeff, where did you get your unit? Did you mention in your original write up? w/o starting an entire new thread, I've just read some of the bad press on dabears? just wondering...
Rick

·
Registered
122 Posts
The unit ships from dynavin with the 2007 software....and is licensed as far as I know, if I had to bet I would say that "the other guy" is copying the newer software onto the cards before he ships them....license???:eek:
Where do you get a legal copy of the update? Kind of makes you wonder why a manufacturer wouldn't send out "brand-new" units of something tho? Meaning the most current software of everything. And, please don't missunderstand me, I am not beating up on this unit, just trying to make sure I'm running most current software of everything. I have to do that every time I buy a new Blackberry as they are constantly coming out with updated versions too...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Jeff, help! I probably should do this via PM, but Im quite sure there are others stumbling thru this as well... have been perusing dynavin.freeforums website as well as the igomods website and absolutely cannot figure out what I'm trying to do... they are not the most clearly laid out websites, are they? I want the hi-res 8.3 program, with a dark theme. cna you please point me in the right direction, or do Ineed to drive my vert out to Cali to have you help me there? Altho if I drove from Illinois to California, it would take me like 2 weeks... there are alot of good cities in between that I'd have to stop in...

Can you either post here, or PM the actual program for 8.3? or perhaps just load it on a 2nd 4gb MD card (like you did) and just send it to me? lol... I need some help here, and usually I'm pretty good at finding files and loading..

·
Registered
122 Posts
and for the record... Jeff is definitely the man! Dynavin Solutions is there whenever you may PM him! stupid questions are no problem... I was lucky enough to get one of these on the last EuroSpec order (very happy about that, btw, thanks Andrew!), and have been tinkering ever since I got it installed. And lets just say, I'm still not completely sold on this unit. What I mean is, the navi is great and the radio/iPod portion itself is fine (although lack of satellite radio sux)... it's how the two interact that bother me, and I know its because they are two different operating systems, yada, yada... I just wish they were more seamless, thats all. the music getting muted with every button you press is annoying.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Also, I can confirm, iGO V 8.3 works so far pretty well with my V3G Dynavin. I have to test it out tomorrow. There is so much to tweek in the new program and you can change so many options. I would say it is 50% better on the options. It actually is making my Garmin look dated.

Just a FYI.....Target has the 4GB microSD memory card with adapter for your computer on sale right now....10 bucks. Nice to back up the installed Dynavin iGO and mess with the new upgrades on a new microSD. Also great to back them up on the computer. Hope this helps.

Thanks uncompiled, what ever you need from me to tweek and work with let me know.
And then someone needs to publish an owners manual for 8.3 on how to make all of the infinite adjustments! Because I agree, I can mess with it for hours and can't seem to get it just quite right!! There are soooo many different options/settings/adjustments...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.