E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
good to hear.

also, I havent messed around with a backup cam yet so you guys running the backup cams can confirm this for us....it is my assumption that the dynavin treats the the backup cam as a separate source so that when you put the car in reverse you will loose the sound from whatever source you are on while the car is in reverse? If so I would say that this is a hardware limitation and cant be altered....slightly annoying I know, but I doubt there is anything that can be done about it, if the audio really bothers you, you could unhook the reverse wire so that you have to manually select the backup cam so it only switches when really need to use it....
I installed a Camera on Saturday(posted a couple of pics on installation thread).. It is true that when you engage the camera you lose sound from all other sources. Unhooking the reverse wire does not cure this problem. I had mine unhooked at first but I prefer the Camera to come on when I put car in reverse. I believe Jeff is correct in assuming that it is a hardware issue and can not be altered. Not that big a deal in my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.