BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have iGo 8.3 running on my Dynavin, but I'm trying to upgrade to iGo Primo 1.1 "Green Routing".

This is what my folder looks like:

I used my content (maps, dems, and pois, etc) from iGo 8.3.

When I try to start it with a custom loading screen, I get an error message that says I'm out of memory.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Normally you can get an out of memory error if you use TTS voices as they prefer to run on a unit with 128MB of RAM, Dynavin has 64MB but from your screen shot you don't have any TTS files in the folder so it can't be that.
When you say you "downloaded the software" what exactly did you download?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I downloaded the iGOPrimo RAR file that I found on the Dynavin forums. I figured out my problem though. I had to delete the configuration files and "reset" the software.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In case anyone else gets an out of memory error on bootup of iGO, here are the steps you should try:

1) Delete the save folder.
2) Remove custom loading screens.

My problem was that my loading.bmp was too large and it could not boot. Once I removed my custom loading screen, it boot up correctly... now to figure out how to get my custom loading screen to display without crashing iGO...

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
In case anyone else gets an out of memory error on bootup of iGO, here are the steps you should try:

1) Delete the save folder.
2) Remove custom loading screens.

My problem was that my loading.bmp was too large and it could not boot. Once I removed my custom loading screen, it boot up correctly... now to figure out how to get my custom loading screen to display without crashing iGO...
What size was your loading screen?
It should be 800x480 for your resolution

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What size was your loading screen?
It should be 800x480 for your resolution
It is an 800x480 BMP file. It is 1.2MB. Whenever I put it in ui_igo9/800_480/loading.bmp, iGO will not boot up.

If I delete the BMP, then it loads up fine. Not sure what's wrong.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My primo folder has more junk than what you have listed.
Your loading image size is nothing out of ordinary, just about right. Not sure what you meant by "dropped" the data.zip into the folder. I didnt mess with data.zip aside from replacing my loading.bmp using winrar(add). Only thing that I remember dropping into Primo content folder are maps, poi, building, dem from my igo8.3 .

Maybe try to redo the install.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My primo folder has more junk than what you have listed.
Your loading image size is nothing out of ordinary, just about right. Not sure what you meant by "dropped" the data.zip into the folder. I didnt mess with data.zip aside from replacing my loading.bmp using winrar(add). Only thing that I remember dropping into Primo content folder are maps, poi, building, dem from my igo8.3 .

Maybe try to redo the install.
Yeah, actually between the first post and getting it fixed, I formatted my SD card and started over again. I updated the picture in the original post.

I have TTS and everything else working, except for the loading screen. I'm wondering if it has to do with me saving the BMP on a Mac instead of Windows. I'm going to try playing with it on Windows and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
28,946 Posts
I have "primo" but am not sure if it's 1.1 or an older version. Is there any difference and how would I check if I have the older or newer one? Also, what is green routing? Sorry for noob questions.

Also, did you get tts to work on primo? I never was able to get it working.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, actually between the first post and getting it fixed, I formatted my SD card and started over again. I updated the picture in the original post.

I have TTS and everything else working, except for the loading screen. I'm wondering if it has to do with me saving the BMP on a Mac instead of Windows. I'm going to try playing with it on Windows and see if that makes a difference.
Did you ever figure this out?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts