BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any suggestions for dustless or low dust brake pads other than axxis? I'm thinking about getting some crossdrilled rotors soon and want to give another set of pads a shot.

I've run into the same squeaking that many report from the Axxis and I know some anti-squeal would limit/emiminate that but I've also had a couple other things that bother me. When I start moving from a standstill I can hear squeaking from one or more of the brakes as I begin to roll. After I reach about 20mph it pretty much goes away but Its a little embarasing to have a clean shiny Bimmer attracting attention because of the squeaking it makes :banghead: :banghead:

I've also recently noticed a sort of grinding feel from the brake pedal of late. Its hard to explain but you all know when you press the brake it generally feels uniform and smooth when stopping. When I press my brake pedal I can feel inconsistencies as I slow that were not there before and I think I can see inconsistent wear on the current stock rotors. Anyone think resurfacing the stock rotors might correct this?

Well there's the reason why I want some suggestions for low dust/ dustless pads for the e46 OTHER than the axxis pads. Please help :bow:

·
Registered
644 Posts
im interested too i gotta go dustless all this brake dust is pissing me off :banghead:

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Do a search. I remember seeing this question in the past few days. Lots of experts recommend Hawk HPS pads. They're not dustless, but they do dust less. ;) They're also better performance pads than the stock ones.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have got EBC Green Pads on my 330CI.

They have been on the car for the last 4months now and since putting them to today they feel exactly like the standard pads, no noises or anything else people associate with after market pads - but the big difference is the brake dust has vanished.

The only dusting you get is a very light brown dusting, which is not hardly noticeable!

Tarkan

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
How about Brembo pads? i think they wear out pretty quick though... I also had major problems with my Axxis pads, I would never recommend them

·
'a certain moderator'
35,572 Posts
tarkan- BEST SIG EVER

i too am sick of brake dust, but i have heard mostly good stuff about Axxis? :dunno:

-brendan

·
Registered
204 Posts
The EBCs are great. I had them on my 98 328 ic. Problem is that if I put them on my new M3, the dealer won't warrantee anything having to do with the brake system and I have a lot of warrantee left. As soon as it's over it will be the first purchase I make. They kept my BBS 3 pc rims all shiny. Oh if anyone knows someone looking for really sweet rims for E36, I still have them with almost brand new P7000 Super Sports. I am looking for around $1000 which is a steal.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
aduro said:
Which brake pads are the best.. Hawk HPS or EBC pads??
It depends on whom you trust. Both [email protected] and my friend who's a driving instructor/racer recommended highly of the Hawk HPS. There's been some talk of the EBC Greens being inadequate for our cars weight, but I can't speak from experience. All in all I'm going w/ the expert opinions and going to try the Hawk HPS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts