E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up the Autozone battery!!

Did anyone notice that you needed to remove a small white plastic block on the battery pan to allow the larger autozone battery to fit flush??

Also...I needed to add 1/4" thick piece of rubber on top of the battery so that the cross hold down bar will fit tight??

The Autozone guy mentioned that a lot of BMW people are buying this exact battery!!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
K-Man said:
I just picked up the Autozone battery!!

Did anyone notice that you needed to remove a small white plastic block on the battery pan to allow the larger autozone battery to fit flush??

Also...I needed to add 1/4" thick piece of rubber on top of the battery so that the cross hold down bar will fit tight??

The Autozone guy mentioned that a lot of BMW people are buying this exact battery!!
I got the same battery about 2 month ago and it fit just as well as the factory one did. I didn’t need to do anything but remove about 1/3 of an inch off the exhaust vent tube (as per manufacturer’s instructions). I fitted the battery over the white plastic block, and didn't need to add anything on top to keep the hold down bar tight.

I think that the reason you needed to add that 1/4" thick piece of rubber on top of the battery is because you removed the plastic block from the bottom?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SD 328I said:
I got the same battery about 2 month ago and it fit just as well as the factory one did. I didn’t need to do anything but remove about 1/3 of an inch off the exhaust vent tube (as per manufacturer’s instructions). I fitted the battery over the white plastic block, and didn't need to add anything on top to keep the hold down bar tight.

I think that the reason you needed to add that 1/4" thick piece of rubber on top of the battery is because you removed the plastic block from the bottom?
Strange...I would think that the white block would prop up the battery uneven?? Unless there is a pocket on the battery underside?

I lowered the cross bar puck as far down as possible...only 1/4" short!! I also slightly bend the battery pan tangs inward to wrap around the battery...fits like a glove!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
K-Man said:
Strange...I would think that the white block would prop up the battery uneven?? Unless there is a pocket on the battery underside?

I lowered the cross bar puck as far down as possible...only 1/4" short!! I also slightly bend the battery pan tangs inward to wrap around the battery...fits like a glove!
When I compared both batteries side by side, the Duralast was just a little longer, so I didn't think the plastic block would make it any more uneven than the factory unit.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SD 328I said:
When I compared both batteries side by side, the Duralast was just a little longer, so I didn't think the plastic block would make it any more uneven than the factory unit.
I noticed that when the factory battery was installed the white plastic block sat ajacent to the battery which of course allowed the battery to sit flat onto the black steel tray!

However, by bending the tabs a little inward...the tray fits snug around the new battery...1000 Cranking amps is some good shiat to have :bow: I used 1/4" thick neoprene 60 shore A rubber scrap as a filler. I got it for free near where I work...I just sweet talked this older (45 ish) horny blond into hooking me up with 2 x 5 feet of this stuff. Makes a great work bench top!

I see that you are from San Diego...great place, I am originally from Calabasas!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
K-Man said:
I noticed that when the factory battery was installed the white plastic block sat ajacent to the battery which of course allowed the battery to sit flat onto the black steel tray!

However, by bending the tabs a little inward...the tray fits snug around the new battery...1000 Cranking amps is some good shiat to have :bow: I used 1/4" thick neoprene 60 shore A rubber scrap as a filler. I got it for free near where I work...I just sweet talked this older (45 ish) horny blond into hooking me up with 2 x 5 feet of this stuff. Makes a great work bench top!

I see that you are from San Diego...great place, I am originally from Calabasas!
Forget the battery, tell me more about the mature horny blonde :)

Love San Diego, the Real Estate here is crazy. How do you like Oregon? I've been there before and loved it, except I like to pump my own gas.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SD 328I said:
Forget the battery, tell me more about the mature horny blonde :)

Love San Diego, the Real Estate here is crazy. How do you like Oregon? I've been there before and loved it, except I like to pump my own gas.
This blonde has some high miles...a few wrinkles, slightly saggy C cup rack, and a decent body. If I wasn't married, I would poke her :woot:

The Winters in Oregon suck...it pisses rain from October straight thru June :thumbdwn: when it is not raining then it is foggy and overcast for most of the day. Then it can drop below freezing and coat the road with black ice.

The Summers are very good!!

Last Winter it snowed pretty good...had to drive the Jeep into work. Bimmers with the sport package do not cut it in the snow! Real Estate is expensive now!

The Portland area can easily run $400,000 plus for just a middle class home! The better areas such as Lake Oswego can run $2,000,000 plus!!

I bought my first home out-of-college ten years ago for $50,000 and sold it two year ago for $185,000!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts