E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today i started prepping my wheels for paint. i sanded them down and cleaned them. First i sprayed self etching primer and then filler primer. I then sprayed duplicolor high performance wheel paint satin black. I need to buy more tomorrow and finish up and i was wondering if i should clear coat them. I dont want them to look glossy or flat. i really like the satin and i dont even want to mess with it. Im worried about it chipping though. Has anyone used this paint and not cleared them? how does it hold up? Or should i just use matte clear? i dont want it to chip but i dont want to ruin the color either.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Absolutely you should clear coat them! I haven't used this paint personally but I would recommend this because it is difficult for a paint to hold up on something like a wheel that takes constant abuse. When you say it has a "satin" finish with clear, I'm imagining it is actually just flat like on Civic so for that reason alone, get some compatible matte or satin clear and get to work!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.