E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local tire dealers seem to have run out of stock on the Dunlop M3s but they do have M2s. Is there significant improvement on the M3s over the M2s, or are they both very similar in terms of ice/snow traction? And how much cheaper should M2s be? The quote I got for a set of 205/50R17 M2s is just marginally cheaper than M3s of the same size, which does not sound right to me.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
pardi said:
My local tire dealers seem to have run out of stock on the Dunlop M3s but they do have M2s. Is there significant improvement on the M3s over the M2s, or are they both very similar in terms of ice/snow traction? And how much cheaper should M2s be? The quote I got for a set of 205/50R17 M2s is just marginally cheaper than M3s of the same size, which does not sound right to me.
Extremely similar.

Very little has changed other than a slight tread pattern change between the two. From our experience with the tires least season, these two were essentially the same in snow and dry road capablity.

http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BN4&url=/winter/index.jsp

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd really love to order from Gary but the problem is I don't live in the States... Shipping and brokerage fees are going to kill me.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Im also form the Tdot, tires are extremely expensive in Canada. Check around, most times, even wtih shpping and brockerage fees, its still a lot cheaper. I get all my stuff from the States. Gary helped me once and was very helpful. I ordered some parts from Tirerack once but usually get my stuff from Rennsport, but again, Gary was very helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
yguns27 said:
Do we really need snow tires in Canada?

I used my all season last year and it was fine.. oops, I just jinxed myself.
They sure do help, especially on rear wheel drive car. There is no way I could get around in winter without snows in Toronto, especially like the winter we had last year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts