BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
next mod: recaro child seat
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on the tirerack site and came across these snow tires...they look like a good blend of snow traction and capable dry weather performance (for a snow tire)...price is attractive too. the reviews on their site are positive, but i'd like to hear from some fanatics, or Gary if possible....

here is the tread pattern...

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
These handling and perform in the snow nearly the same as the Winter Sport M2. Very few differences between the two, slight tread pattern change... just an update rather than a whole new tire. They're so similar that you'll often see me refering to them together. Think of them not as a maximum snow traction tire, but more of a balance between dry road handling/cornering and snow traction, much like the Blizzak LM-22.

·
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Gary. would you recommend these for NJ winters, or should i be looking for something more aggressive in the snow.? my other choices were the Arctic Alpin or the Blizzak WS-50

·
Registered
96 Posts
Jeff43, I just got those tires mounted on my M3. I, too, am in NJ, and I hope they'll work out in the winter. I got them from Precision Tire on Rt 17. If you're in the area, I'd suggest going to them. The service was great and they changed the tires really fast, but were very careful with my OEM 18s, no scratches, nicks, etc.

·
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks again guys...

Raptor - i have used precision tire about 4 times when i had my GTI VR6 and they were always good w/service and price...looks like i'll check them out again...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts