BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
devGOD
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just had my last flat tire with Dunlop... blow out on the inner side wall how embarrassing, nice mod'd car with a blown flat tire :cry: that tire is unrepairable now. i'm order a set of Toyo tires next week.

·
needs a new sig...
4,874 Posts
i have had similar problems with sp sport 9000, i switched to BF Goodrich G Force KDW 2 and i am in love!

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
48,236 Posts
I used to have the sp9000s and never had any problems with them! Decided to go for a change and got toyo t1-s's, you wont be disappointed! great performance/handeling tires :D

·
Registered
781 Posts
My Dunlop's blew out also, the same way after 30,000 miles of use. When I looked, the tire was loosing air because of a nail stuck in it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
wildpanda86 said:
My Dunlop's blew out also, the same way after 30,000 miles of use. When I looked, the tire was loosing air because of a nail stuck in it.
The SP 9000 should be close to shot at 30,000 miles anyway.

I got a nail in one of mine at about 28,500 miles, and when the tire shop went to fix it, guess what . . . the sidewall gave way on the tire-changing machine. Other than that, they were excellent tires -- great in rain, easy to live with -- and I recommend them.

The notion that they "suck" is over-the-top.

·
devGOD
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there is something wrong with those tires, i've only had them on for about a year and have driven less than 1500 miles on them. i'll take a picture tomorrow of the sidewall blow out i didn't roll over anything. next week toyo tires when i get my car back. i'm sorry i just can't recommend sp9000 tires to any one. i'm going to check out the version bluecougar is using =)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
SP9000s are excellent tires. Great rain performance.

·
Para-Magic
686 Posts
i love my sp9000's

i think they are a great tire, quiet and grippy...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts