BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dynamic stability control- ok should i use this: always,often,sometimes,never?? i'm not sure.. does it hurt mpg?? let me know!

·
needs a new sig...
4,963 Posts
ALWAYS..dont shut it off unless you are AUTO-Xing..people are going to floow my post telling you that they drive with it off all the time..and that it is a crutch for bad drivers..i say no way. I am a pretty good driver and i have learned to drive with dsc as a tool. It has saved my ass a few times ..it doenst hurt mpg..leave it on

·
Registered
616 Posts
I always have it on cuz most emergency situations you face have nothing to do with your skills or your actions but those of other drivers. On a racetrack you are in way more control of your own destiny. Be safe leave it on on the street.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mkay so i should leave it on all the time? what exactly does it help with? just more control ? it says especially when it rains and starting the car in the manual. i don't really notice a difference

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,857 Posts
Go to an empty parking lot in the rain or snow and test how how it works. This way when it kicks in on the street you will know what is happening.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts