BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you noticed improved performance, along with an increase in throttle response when you turn the DSC off? My car drives perfectly fine with the DSC active, but it seems like it gets a little more pep with the DSC turned off. The car is an 01 325i 5spd. I am curious, but I have not been able to find any data or conclusive proof about this but I wonder if when you turn off the DSC, particularly on the electronic throttle models, if the computer switches to a more aggressive throttle/spark maps? Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
.....................I wonder if when you turn off the DSC, particularly on the electronic throttle models, if the computer switches to a more aggressive throttle/spark maps? Any ideas?

I doubt it,.............but that's just supposition.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Might just be a little bit of herbal placebo :p (still going to have to try this out :D, have never noticed anything before though)

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
DSC has nothing to do with throttle/maps/fuel cuts/trims. It's all done off your wheel speed sensors and abs. You really wanna turn of dsc? Unplug your abs module. It will be off, off. Careful those tires lock up :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
same goes if you hold the dsc button for five or eight seconds, it'll lock'em up. In a low traction situation won't dsc also pull timing as the car deems necessary to reduce power in conjunction with applying individual breaking?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts