E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Bmw 325Ci
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm looking for second opinions on resetting the steering angle sensor/yaw sensor.

Here is my current problem: DSC Activating mostly on Left Turns
When DSC is Activating, Only Traction Control Light Blinks, Power is Cut Off/Acceleration Pedal, Braking Force is Applied to Front Right Wheel Only (not intentional).

Current Car Info:
2002 325Ci, M54 5Spd Getrag
3.62 Differential, M3 Rear End
NO Traction Control Light on Dash
NO Brake Lights on Dash

Recent Work Done: **(More Info @ Bottom)
M3 Knuckles Added
M3 Front Calipers Added
M3 Brake Lines Added
M3 Front Rotors & Pads Added
Angle Kit Added
4 Wheel Alignment Done

Alignment Specs:
Front -6* Camber, 0* Toe
Rear -1.5* Camber, 0.5* Toe In

Been happening this past 2 weeks, was kinda hoping it would correct itself or adjust on its own maybe?

Mostly happens on 1 left turn during my daily driving route to work. I've been passing this same road on the car for about 2-3 years now, daily driven. When coming in, I'm going from 60 down to 40mph to make the Left Turn, but then about 2-3 seconds in, DSC Activates and cuts my power, while applying brakes to front right wheel. DSC Activating, I'm taking this left turn at 15mph instead of my usual 40-45mph. I'm also wondering if DSC happens to turn on my brake lights when applying the brake force and Power Cut off, as I don't know if the cars behind me know how fast I'm slowing down w/ DSC activating.

I did do some light testing, when I press my DSC Button once and turn off the Traction Control, it drives normal but I still do feel the braking force being applied w/ Power Cut off but just not as aggressive w/ traction control on. The Left Turn is done @ 25-30mph, which is a bit better.

I never got the DSC Sensor's scanned while the car was running perfectly, so I'm not too sure if the values are correct with my car or if there is a underlying problem I'm not seeing.

If I recalibrate the Steering Angle Sensor is it possible that the DSC Problem could be worse?

*INPA, this is what I got in the DSC Sensors:
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Number

*Steering Wheel is True and Straight @ 0.0 Degree's, Car Drives Straight forward and in Reverse, Steering Wheel doesn't move.
*When Driven around the Lot, No Bizarre readings appear or value spikes noticed.
*Offset Steering Angle is in the Red @ 5.76 Degrees.

*PA Soft, this is what I got in the ABS & LEW Modules:
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software

Attached photos of the road it starts to activate on:
Overhead View:
Azure Line Font Aqua Parallel

Start of Left Turn:
Tire Car Plant Wheel Vehicle

Middle of Left Turn:
Road surface Asphalt Mode of transport Automotive lighting Thoroughfare

The Exit Path:
Plant Sky Road surface Tree Asphalt

Additional Info:
3/19/2022:
Car was driving perfectly. (daily driven for almost 2-3 years now)

3/20/2022:
I've had an Angle Kit Installed, After Installation both Traction Control Light and Brake Light was ON (Yellow Lights).
Car was also on 17s 225/45 Front and 18's 225/40 Rear, Due to the added Track Width of the angle kit (6.5cm Per Side),
Wasn't able to run my previous 18x9.5's +22 on the fronts.
Was Able to Run M3 Knuckles, Rotors and Pads w/ Angle Kit.
Car was then Daily Driven w/ Both Lights ON & 17s Front Wheels w/ 18s Rear.

3/24/2022:
Car was Scanned using PA Soft to pull those error codes:
Font Circle Number Document Rectangle

I went ahead and swapped out the 17s on the front to 18x9 +20 w/ same tire size as rear. (Hoping that running 18s all around would turn off, the Lights)
Car was also raised a bit, to prevent tire from grabbing the front bumper on turns.
Car was then Daily Driven w/ Both Lights ON, and 18s 225/40 all around.

3/27/2022:
Car was getting a 4 Wheel Alignment done.
After Alignment Traction Control and Brake Light was OFF (Turned off on its own).
Car was then Daily Driven as is. NO Lights, 18s 225/40 all around.

3/28/2022:
Noticed Traction Control Light Blinks on Left turns Mostly.
Car was then Daily Driven as is. NO Lights

3/29/2022
Turn off Traction Control by Pressing DSC Once.
Car was then Daily Driven. Traction Control Light ON.

3/30/2022
Noticed even with Traction Control Light ON, DSC Subtly still activates.
Car was then Daily Driven. Traction Control Light ON.

4/10/2022:
2 weeks of daily driving and monitoring this new "DSC Problem"
DSC was Scanned using INPA, to gather more info.
Car was Scanned using PA Soft, to gather more info.
This Post was made.

·
Premium Member
5,219 Posts
Run your live data and watch the wheel speed sensors, etc. If you can have someone with you or run a data log, so you aren't trying to watch the screen while driving, please do. It may even be due to the angle kit that the DSC is seeing enough difference in wheel speed that I thinks there is an issue when there isn't.

·
Premium Member
2000 E46 323i, 3.0L, 2.8L and 2.0L Z3's
1,891 Posts
Look at your INPA data. 2 values of interest:
  • Steering angle sensor offset of 5.76 degrees, outside of the 5 degree spec
  • Yaw rate sensor offset of 1.82 degrees/sec, within the 5 degree/sec spec.
So you go around a left hand corner with, lets say a 5 degree turn of the wheel and the steering sensor says, "We're" going straight" and the yaw rate sensors goes to a higher positive number and says "We're off into a left hand turn/spin a bit hard". DSC puts right front bake on to keep control.

Time to calibrate the DSC sensors.

·
Registered
2002 Bmw 325Ci
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for the response,

I'm going try the following in this order to try and isolate the problem slowly.
-Checking Tire Pressure all around and inflating if needed
-Checking INPA Values for Wheel Speed Sensors
-Recalibrate Sensor Angle Sensors

Won't be able to recalibrate or monitor sensors until later this week, due to my schedule.

@yjsaabman, Will do, may have to find a program that can screen record the data during the drive.
@NZ00Z3, Perfect explanation.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Don't know of any ABS module logging scanners/apps. I have used TestO for high speed DME PID testing. Works on the same comm's platform as INPA. But it does not do the ABS. Well, it has the capability, but jus has not been programmed to do it.

·
Registered
2002 Bmw 325Ci
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know of any ABS module logging scanners/apps. I have used TestO for high speed DME PID testing.
Same here, only have been using OBDFusion and haven't tried any others.

I was thinking of just running INPA w/ the Wheel Speed Sensors displayed on the screen + Screen Recorder, then playing back the video to watch for anything lol.
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Number

*Photo pulled from google search

As for the Screen Recorder, I was able to find one following this link: The Easiest Way to Record Your Screen in Windows 10: A Step-by-Step Guide
already tried and tested the recorder and seems to work just fine and no downloaded was needed on my end.

·
Premium Member
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
11,388 Posts
I'm in agreement with the above.
I think the REAL trick is to see if (laptop on passengers lap) the yaw angle or the steering angle sensors go spiking when the above happens? Some change should be there, but I'm wondering if any spike hard? Making the DSC system go overtime to apply corrections?

Resetting the angle sensor shouldn't harm the system.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
If you look at the Google photo, the units are miles per hour, with a maximum of 10 in the bar. I take it that you will be going faster than 10 miles per hour as you go around the corner? The test will only show if one wheel sensor is faulty and not producing an output.

Watching the Read DSC Sensors screen, however, may be very beneficial

In the first post of this link, in section D, 3, there are the instruction s for calibrating the steering wheel sensor with Tools32. Tools32 is in the INPA software pack, so you should have it. The Z3 Diagnostics Thread: Instructions, Experiences, Discussions, Experimentation

·
Registered
2002 Bmw 325Ci
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@MrMCar
I was thinking the same after figuring out the screen recorder. Curious to see the readings on it with that left turn.
Sweet, just being cautious about going on with it w/o getting some insight and due to the car being a daily.

@NZ00Z3
Oh wow, didn't notice that. Yeah, I'll most likely will be w/ Traction Control OFF (DSC too aggressive w/ it ON).
I do have Tool32, haven't tested or used it yet though. I'll need to also check, if it communicates with the car beforehand.
Building Violet Font House Electric blue

I found the PDF's you mentioned.
Azure Rectangle Font Electric blue Pattern

I went ahead and opened Tool32 (w/o connection to car), just to see if I have the PRG file mentioned in the PDF's, looks like I do.
Automotive lighting Building Automotive exterior Midnight Font

Also was wondering, anything wrong with INPA's Calibration/Reset than say using Tool32?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
You said you have an angle kit. Sorry if this has been addressed, but your steering angle is now modified such that your wheels turn further than they used to in respect to your steering wheel. Your angle sensor is seeing one thing while the speed differential in the front wheels is higher than it would normally be. I would think this is technically working "properly", and you might be able to remedy it with changing the steering angle sensitivity in Mk60 as discussed here: DIY: M track Mode for non-M MK60s

I have a steering kit as well, my DSC hasn't thrown error lights, but it is much more sensitive now and I assumed the above. I just push the button once when I start the car now (as I've done for years since DSC is way too involved anyway). I intend to disable understeer monitoring in Mk60 to see if that takes away steering angle monitoring. I only really want the car to monitor/correct for yaw when I'm in slippery conditions.

·
Administrator
19,158 Posts
anything wrong with INPA's Calibration/Reset than say using Tool32?
Just use Tool32 as it is much easier. Often INPA does not have the necessary option or script to do it.

·
Registered
2002 Bmw 325Ci
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Weste46
Yes, I'll add the angle kit info below, and any insight is appreciated.
This is true, first thing I noticed after the angle kit install was how dramatic/sensitive the steering feels during turns (faster turning ratio or quick steer). I find myself not having to turn in the steering wheel as much as I used to make some of these turns.
Same here, end up pressing the DSC button once, everytime. I just thought it was odd for it to be more sensitive to left turns vs right turns (non existent) w/ DSC ON.
As for the link you provided, it looks promising and seems to relax the "DSC Intervening", if calibration isn't sufficient enough I may end up doing this.
And If I do, I'll most likely end up following rkneeshaw's settings as I didn't know DSC w/ LSD holds different values and I didn't think the M3 LSD needed coding, due to it being mechanical.
Font Art Pattern Symmetry Number

@Bali
Ah I see, will use Tool32 then for calibration. I was thinking of using INPA first then Tool32 as a backup, if it failed. Link is straightforward lol.

*Side note: M3 Rear End was done on 6/15/2020
Angle Kit Info: BMW SLR Angle Kit
DSC w/ LSD Info: Programming the DSC MK60 for LSD (Page #6, Post #54 for Rkneeshaw's Settings)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Angle Kit Info: BMW SLR Angle Kit
DSC w/ LSD Info: Programming the DSC MK60 for LSD (Page #6, Post #54 for Rkneeshaw's Settings)
I have the SLR Mini Kit! How did you set your Ackerman angle? I set mine to "Race/Street" which is slightly Pro-Ackerman. I had set it to "Full Race" and WOW, way too much Ackerman, I had terrible steering bind. Even at the current setting the steering binds slightly, if I'm turning tightly and run over a stick or anything I get a thud from the preloaded tire unwinding. I really wish I could run stock Ackerman, but perhaps I'll try a reduced setting next.

Also thank you for linking those settings, that sounds interesting... I'd like to do the one-press off setting because I never use DSC fully on as-is. I'll probably try to tune the parameters such that leaving it on is good for a rainy track session, or a friend borrowing my car. :LOL:

Reactions: BlackRa1n21

·
Registered
2002 Bmw 325Ci
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Current List of things I've done with some time I had:
-Test Run INPA DSC Readings w/ Screen Recorder
-Checking INPA Values for DSC Readings @ Left Turn (Intentionally making DSC go off)
-Checking INPA Values for DSC Readings @ Left Turn

4/14/2022:
Cold Check Readings: (Car hasn't driven)
FL: 34.5 psi, FR: 34 psi,
RL: 32 psi, RR: 31.5 psi
Tire Pressure Inflated to 40 psi all around. was 81*F that day and time.

-Test Run INPA DSC Readings w/ Screen Recorder
I went ahead and tested to see if it was feasible to drive, and it was.
(OBD Port cord ran along my shins, and along shifter trim to prevent shifter from grabbing cord, Laptop was on Passenger Seat)

Before running the tests my settings were:
Front Wheels 18x9
Rear Wheels 18x9.5
225/40 All Around
38psi all around, 67*F @ the time.
DSC was pressed once, Enabling the Traction Control light to come on (DSC too aggressive, when fully on)

-Checking INPA Values for DSC Readings @ Left Turn (Intentionally making DSC go off)
Reading DSC Sensors
*Left Turn done @ 40mph (Intentionally making DSC go off)
*INPA showed or popped an Error Msg, while DSC was activating, making the logs freeze, values stayed the same throughout recording.
*Frozen Values at the time:
Steering Angle: +35.6 Offset: +4.44
Print Brake Circuit 1: +.36 Offset: +.39
Print brake Circuit 2: -1.55 Offset: -1.50
Yaw Rate (Degrees/Sec): +16.65 Offset: +1.81
Lateral Acceleration: +.36 Offset: -.01
Recording here: Intentionally making DSC go off

-Checking INPA Values for DSC Readings @ Left Turn
Reading DSC Sensors
*DSC Didn't Activate
*Left Turn done @ 35mph
Recording here: DSC Didn't Activate

Reading Wheel Speed Sensors
*DSC Did not Activate
*Left Turn done @ 35mph
*INPA was able to take readings past their set limit (My limits were marked @ 60km/h)
*Front Left Wheel Speed Sensor seems to read slower or not as quick as Front Right (Marked the Front Left Wheel Speed Sensor in the video)
Recording here: Wheel Speed Sensors

After Reviewing, I was kinda intrigued by the wheel speed sensor the most.
If I recall correctly, when M3 knuckles were put on w/ the angle kit.
*3/20/2022:
(Car started, but was not on ground yet, brakes needed bleeding)
They still had their original sensors, and checking the codes on the spot of the install, due to Traction Control Light and Brake Lights ON. (Yellow Lights)
There was 1 Red Fault Code Present for Wheel Speed Sensor, Showing on PA Soft for the Front Right Wheel.
During the install, I had put back in my original Non M Wheel Speed Sensor to the Front Right, and code turned yellow (Not Present) on PA Soft.
Font Pattern Brand Monochrome Typesetting

After shutting off and turning car back on, Traction Control Light and Brake Lights went away. (Lights came back during test drive, when install was done)

I'm starting to think the M3 Knuckles had bad Wheel Speed Sensors from the start now.
I currently still have my Non M Knuckles, sitting in the storage. Will need to see if the sensor is still on it or at my friends shop.

Will be trying the following in order:
-Replace or Return Non M Wheel Speed Sensor to Front Left Knuckle
-Code MK60 for DSC Values adjustments (If calibration isn't sufficient)

·
Registered
2002 Bmw 325Ci
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Weste46
Nice, I went with SLR Ultra due to seeing posts of people saying they should of just saved for it vs buying another kit.
I believe with your kit, you should be able to upgrade to the arms if you choose too, and still utilize those which is nice.
My Current Ackerman Settings seem to be set at Full Drift/Minimal Settings (Don't think there's room to move closer towards Steering Rack). (More Info Below)
Since the install, I haven't tried messing with the Ackerman Settings, so don't know how the car will feel with High Ackerman Settings.
Currently my car doesn't have any steering binding, the steering wheel moves freely and smoothly. Steering wheel also returns to center on its own (while driving), as it should.
No problem, just sounded like something I'd personally like.
Yeah I wouldn't want DSC as it is now to turn on, if it happens that someone else is driving the car (rare occasions).

*Pictures shown are meant for Front Left
*Could also be Low Ackerman, not too sure if there's still room, as I haven't seen how far the bolt moves
Gesture Finger Font Elbow Thumb

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Rim Automotive exterior Tire

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I might try to knock my Ackerman down to "Low". I don't want to get the control arms because aftermarket arms cost points for NASA TT. I have stock rear lower arms still also. Increased Ackerman is supposed to help with low-speed turns by causing a drag effect on the inside tire, to rotate the car. This makes it weird when driving around normally though.

Reactions: BlackRa1n21

·
Registered
2002 Bmw 325Ci
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Further Update: I made some good progress

Current List of things I've Attempted/Done:
-Replace or Return Non M Wheel Speed Sensor to Front Left Knuckle

4/16/2022:
-Replace or Return Non M Wheel Speed Sensor to Front Left Knuckle (Wasn't able to test/confirm)
Checked my Non M Knuckles, stored at my storage and couldn't find my Wheel Speed Sensor (Non M). Both knuckles didn't have a sensor, and I only found the faulty M3 Sensor.
Automotive tire Vehicle brake Bicycle part Motor vehicle Rim

Asked my buddy, if he had a sensor laying around his garage, about 1 week later and not found.
I was thinking about switching the sides and see if the problem follows but realoem shows sensors to be specific to each side. (Different part #'s)
Went ahead and decided to move towards next step. (Assuming the Wheel Speed Sensors were fine/okay, since no lights on dash)

4/30/2022:
Recalibrated Sensors using Tool32, was quick and easy.
Before Reset and After Reset:
Rectangle Slope Font Plot Parallel
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Plot

Tool32 Info:
Font Number Parallel Circle Pattern

Went ahead and decided to drive w/ DSC Fully ON, to see if the problem was gone.

5/1/2022:
Early that Morning: 3AM
50+ miles of driving and DSC seems to act the same. (Activating mostly on Left Turns)
Went ahead and re did a full scan using INPA and PA Soft. (Mostly looks the same, except for LEW Code)
Seems recalibrating sensors has gotten rid of ASC (NO Can msg) Error in the LEW Section, cleared on its own.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software
Font Tints and shades Rectangle Parallel Monochrome photography

Also looking at DSC Sensors on INPA, and Steering Angle Offset is back @ +4.47, rest looks okay.
Went ahead and turn steering wheel 4.3 Degree's to LEFT (Was trying to get 4.5 Degree's but kept switching between 4.3 and 4.7), and Recalibrated from there using Tool32. (Small Test)
Before Reset and After Reset:

Late at Night: 10PM
50+ miles later, seems to have work, my steering wheel is slightly LEFT, off the edge of the Steering Dead Zone. (Still drives straight)
Opening INPA, and DSC Sensors showed Offset Steering Angle @ 0, Brake Circuits showed the same as previous, Offset Yaw @ 0.
I did notice a dramatic difference in the way DSC was behaving, Seems to activate equally on both Left & Right Turns. (DSC Fully ON)
However, turning too fast @ moderate speeds seems to make it brake harshly. I think this is where the Angle Kit was playing a huge role in.

Post Continues, ran out of attachments to ADD, also says "You do not have permission" when attempting to get rid of old attachments
*Edit allowed me to delete/organize a bit

·
Registered
2002 Bmw 325Ci
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Post Continues
So I decided to move onto the coding of MK60, believed DSC was acting appropriately if the car was stock.
Spent some hours studying, compiling a list of Rkneeshaw's Settings, and learning the ways of NCSExpert through other forums/videos as well. (still learning)
I've decided that I was ready to attempt my first coding, Programs used were NCSExpert & NCS Dummy w/ Dummy Profile only. (Wanted to be safe, profile autoloads as Daten_Lessen)

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

First thing I did was made a Back Up of TRC Files from each module along w/ FA/VO String. (Just incase)
Font Window Darkness Number Art

Next thing I did was to figure what model of MK60 I had, shows up as C04.
Font Brand Number Magenta Rectangle

Loaded up NCS Dummy (Not Connected to car) and looked at all the Parameters within it and started following the guide.
Made a copy of my MK60 TRC_Original File and did the following in NCS Dummy.

Changes Made:
I've set "LOGIK_HA_SPERRE" to Aktiv. (LSD)
SPERRDIFFERENZREGELUNG (Differential Locking Control) I've set mine to nicht_aktiv.
TRAKTIONDIFFERENZREGELUNG (Differential Traction Control) I've set mine to nicht_aktiv.

Added following parameters w/ Values to C04 MK60, Used NCDummy to look at C06(M3) Parameters to double check values
Option: UEBERSTEUERN_MUE_0_2
Parameter: wert_08
Data Value: D3

Option: UEBERSTEUERN_MUE_1_2
Parameter: wert_11
Data Value: 80

Option: UNTERSTEUERSCHWELLE_2
Parameter: wert_04
Data Value: 13

Option:UNTERSTEUERN_MUE_0_2
Parameter: wert_02
Data Value: 60

Option: UNTERSTEUERN_MUE_1_2
Parameter: wert_03
Data Value: 20

Option: GEARMOMENTREGLER_MAX_HA_2
parameter: Wert_04
Value: 07

**Option: GEARMOMENTREGLER_MIN_HA_2 (was already in my DSC Module, Didn't need to add)
**Parameter: Wert_03
**Value: 08

After adding values, I had to "Update Module".
All added Values were set, then exported to MAN, made a copy of MAN File in the WORK Folder, then cleared it.
Using the copy MAN File, I opened NCS Dummy w/ it and it all seems to be checked off. (Double checking)

Small differences between my settings and Rkneeshaw's:
I'm using ZCP Understeer Values, Mr Shaw left his stock @ ZHP Values
Wasn't able to see "PRE_MSR" Option in my Module, was skipped.

Coding Summary:
-Oversteer Limits = set to ZCP
-Understeer Limits = set to ZCP
-DSC Intrusion = set to ZCP
-LSD = set to Active/Enabled
-One Touch DSC Off Button = No longer needing to hold DSC button for 10 secs to fully disable DSC

5/2/2022:
After looking over everything and some hours, went ahead and hooked up to my car and uploaded the MAN in MK60 Module,SG_Coderien job and 3-4 secs later coding was done.
I switched jobs to Daten_Lessen and reread my MK60 Module and it all seems to be checked off w/ the parameters I picked/set.
Also saved the modified TRC/MAN File to use/edit from, separate from my 1st original file. Incase I needed/wanted to code onto of it.
Font Number Screenshot Terrestrial plant Document

Car was then Cycled. (ON/OFF)
After some hours, and some driving around. I'm happy with the results.
yes it made a HUGE Difference, DSC Fully ON.
Car also feels lighter and/or pedal is just not pressed as much.
DSC doesn't seem to intrude after the coding, however when it does, it's a very very light little tap of the brakes vs the harsh/hard stopping.
Also Tested the "One button DSC Fully OFF" and it works
Left turn is now done @ 35mph w/ DSC Fully ON.

5/3/2022
Wanted to see if I can squeeze another 5mph out of that left turn before DSC Intervenes.
Looking at other options in NCS Dummy, I found "Lenkewinkel" and noticed it said "Steering Angle Curve", so I started looking into it and found.
Font Musical instrument Macro photography Monochrome photography Monochrome

Rectangle Art Font Magenta Circle

Checked my values and noticed mines were still stock, so I thought might as well do that, however my C04 Module didn't hold the Value/Parameter for either ZHP or ZCP settings.
That's when I realized, I wasn't done coding due to Mr Shaw's car being a ZHP and the fact that I had an angle kit w/ quick steer.
I went ahead and added ZCP " Values/Parameter to C04 Module.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

Also noticed M3 STD Rear Brake Values were different than Non M, so I thought I'd add that Parameter as well, due to having M3 Brakes Rear from the M3 Rear End.
Blue Azure Rectangle Font Line

Repeating the whole process, and using my newly/modified TRC File, and attempting to upload the new settings.
it seems my MK60 won't accept it or the ecu according to the error
Rectangle Font Number Circle Screenshot

Translation shows:
COAPI-2060: Coding Error (General) DSC_MK60, C_C_ORDER
Error_Ecu_Subfunction_Not_Supported_Invalid_For_Mat_Read
COAPI-2060: Encoding incorrect (General) SG_ENCODE

**Update:
**Didn't realize, I needed to stay connected to car to read the error codes, assumed they would save a file like PA Soft,
Error logs would show "======(3)" and didn't give much info, wasn't able to find CABD.Error File.
Font Rectangle Magenta Brand Number

**Translation Shows:
**[04:20:28.782] [2022-05-08] [SERIE] 2060 PABD/CABD A_ASCDSC.IPS Cod_SG_CODE 58
**[04:20:28.782] [2022-05-08] [SERIE] Coding error (general) DSC_MK60, C_C_ORDER: Error_Ecu_Subfunction_Not_Supported_Invalid_Format_Read

**[04:20:28.782] [2022-05-08] [SERIE] 2060 Error COAPI2.CPP coapiRunCabd 6
**[04:20:28.782] [2022-05-08] [SERIE] Coding Failed (General) SG_Code

The only difference between this setting and my current settings are:
added Lenkwinkel ZCP Values (wert_04)
Option: LENKWINKELKENNLINIE_2
Parameter: wert_04
Value: 03

Changed Non M Lenkwinkel wert_02 to wert_04 (ZCP Settings)
Changed Non M Brake settings to Standard M3, Due to M3 Calipers/Rotors/Pads (Rears)
Fronts Brake Settings were already set to standard M3

Coding Summary:
-Quick Steer ZCP Calibration to SAS
-Standard M3 Rear Brake settings

**Update: Added 2 Photos relating to Daten Files
Looking up the codes, it all seems to be related to DATEN files not being updated, but when I check my files, it all looks up to date, latest DATEN files show 2013-2020 dates.
Sky Font Magenta Technology Signage

Font Rectangle Circle Number Screenshot

Checking INPA for connections, and it all clears and works like it did before coding, can also still read DSC Sensors, etc. (INPA Showed some "Coding Error codes" in DSC Memory)

Tried every combination, I can think of to get the code to go through: Profile was NCS Dummy
Using Original TRC -> Newer Settings (Coding Failed)
Using Modified TRC -> Newer Settings (Coding Failed)
Using Fresh Modified TRC -> Newer Settings (Coding Failed)
Restored to Default (Expert Mode)
Default -> Newer Settings (Coding Failed)
Default -> 5/2/2022 Settings and code went through just fine (Current Settings)

Also think I accidently restored my whole car to default settings, when attempting the coding combination. (Noticed my lights don't blink twice when pressing lock from the key)
Pretty sure its cause, I use a certain method of reading the ECU or the profile just auto defaults anything it reads.
Method:
Loaded Profile (Expert) -> F1 -> F3 -> Back -> Process Ecu -> MK60 (Restored to default)

**Update:
**I pressed the unlock button instead of lock button on key lol, while leaving car parked (must of been tired/exhausted that day)
**Confirmed settings to original saved TRC Files, all looks same

Car is currently being daily driven w/ DSC ON.
5/2/2022 Code Settings
Thank you all, for suggestions.
Post Ends

**Update:

**NCSExpert Questions:
-Everytime I attempted the coding, I noticed in the WORK Folder, it would spit out a 61kb FSW_PSW TRC File and it seems to be all the settings currently on the car, is that normal or just the NCS Dummy profile?
-Is this the limit of my MK60 Module or am I doing something incorrectly?
-Are my Daten Files up to date?
-How do I confirm what version of Daten files I have?

*More Info:
Random Thoughts that come to mind after all this:
-Makes me question, if the Aftermarket Steering Wheel was installed and aligned correctly, not sure though as I got the car that way.
Also Steering Wheel was slightly tilted to Left when I first got it.
-Even after my first Alignment (1.5+ years ago), after installing my M3 Rear End, the shop left it at slightly tilted to left.
I wonder if they knew something that wasn't disclose to me.

-My most recent alignment was done by a more reputable person, almost every person in the car groups recommended him for drift alignments. He did ask me if the car was in a accident due to needed more camber adjustment to drivers side to even out the camber on both sides, which he proceeded to check and confirmed that its not possible due to the angle kit replacing the whole front end.

List of things I wanted to try before coding but didn't end up doing it:
-Replace/Return Wheel Speed Sensors (Non M) to Front Left Knuckle
-Run a square set up and confirm Wheel Speed Sensors
-Have another alignment shop double check car
-Increase Rear Wheel Track Width, then check DSC Sensors (Huge difference between front end and rear end)

*M3 VS ZCP Values (Post #29)
*Rneeshaw has ZHP, C13 MK60 Module

**Edit 5/14/2022
**Added Updated Coding Errors
**Added Daten files DATUM/Date (still not sure if it's up to date)
**Fixed some typo errors & organized abit

·
Registered
18 Posts
wow that’s a lot of work. Just so happens I have been experiencing this problem for a while and came across this thread tonight. I have had to calibrate my steering angle sensor and replaced a speed sensor after I had an error. I still hadn’t looked into much until tonight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts