E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Dsc, Abs, Brake, Smgii, Monitor Tire Prs, Light Come And Go Please Help

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  gigikabmwm3 
#1 ·
E46 02 DSC, ABS, BRAKE, Tire Monitor Pressure, SMGII light come and go. Ok let get to the point, I have all this lights on when I park my car outside for 12hrs under cold weather (C28 degree), but these light will go away after I drive around for half and hours, does anyone has the same problem, or can anyone help please? what trigger these lights to be on, the car was trying fine nothing seem wrong with it, should I worry? It had happened to me twice within a month. Thanks

I did some search before I posted this, I had see some DSC, ABS, BRAKE, but none of them have the tire monitor pressure and SMGII light on all the same time. PLEASE HELP> THANK
:cry:

#2 ·
My is 2003 6spd. All three lights (DSC, BRAKE, TPS) came on same time after a regular car wash. I don't know if the water have to do anything with it or not so brought the car in since still under factory warranty. Took 2 days they figure out. Here is what they quote on the repair ticket " 51800 RAN SHORT TEST. FC 5E43 FOR INTERNAL FAULT IN STEERING ANGLE SENSOR CURRENTLY PRESENT. REPLACE STEERING ANGLE SENSOR, CODED AND CALIBRATED SENSOR." hope this will help you! Good luck.

#4 ·
Given the conditions that this seems to happen in, i.e. cold weather/car wash....both of those things have one thing in common....water or condensation.....my old e36 M3 shut down on my one day leaving an automatic car wash....drop of water found its way to the cpu and made car act crazy.....might want to make sure any covers that are covering any electronics on the car are on tight and are making a good seal......

#8 ·
Guys, late answer, maybe someone else needs it. When all these lights are on, there is nothing wrong with the car. No need to pull any codes. The ABS, COG, TPS, DSC, brake lights .... light up in 2 cases: whether the battery voltage is low in deep cold and long period of inactivity, and if the tires are not inflated evenly. Do not replace the steering angle sensor unnecessarily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.