E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have a 2003 330XI and I removed the gauge cluster, and disconnected the battery (first) and now after hooking it all back up, the DSC, ABS, And Brake light all glow yellow....i didnt even drive it anywhere! Help PLEASE!! Will it go off?

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
turn steering wheel from lock to lock to reset the yaw sensor.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Drive it and they should turn off within the first minute of driving. Same thing happens to me when I unplug the battery

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea that worked, driving it barely out of my garage did it lol i was bout to start trippin! lol! thanks again!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Does the yaw sensor typically just need a reset? My DSC and yellow brake light came on today mid turn and it bit a little bit. Here are the codes i pulled from the DSC:

5E3C Yaw rate sensor not plausible
5E38 Yaw rate sensor electrical failure

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Does the yaw sensor typically just need a reset? My DSC and yellow brake light came on today mid turn and it bit a little bit. Here are the codes i pulled from the DSC:

5E3C Yaw rate sensor not plausible
5E38 Yaw rate sensor electrical failure
^ The sensor reset being described in this thread is due to disconnecting the battery. That said, you can always disconnect the battery for ~30mins or more and then try it again. If that doesn't work, it's likely that your yaw sensor is toast.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Still having the problem after trying leaving the battery undone...after buying a new yaw sensor, am I going to need to program anything?

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Still having the problem after trying leaving the battery undone...after buying a new yaw sensor, am I going to need to program anything?
Shouldn't have to. You can do another battery reset to make sure the whole computer resets and recalibrates to the new sensor.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Sounds good, I'll give my local store a call tomorrow to see when they can get it in. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Wait wait wait...finding lots of mixed part numbers on the web...I've found speed sensor, accelerating sensor, and a yaw rate sensor, all of which are being identified as THE yaw sensor across the web.

I'm guessing this part: http://www.trademotion.com/parts/20...p=STABILITY CONTROL&component=YAW RATE SENSOR
and this:37146781405 (accelerating sensor) are one in the same because they are the same price, but it brings up different names in the PN search. Does anybody have a definitive PN on the yaw sensor? I may just need to pull out my seat and check.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Well the issue went away randomly for about 3 months, but came back this week. I'm wondering if it might be heat or water damage to the sensor itself, as I've been chasing cabin leaks, and we've had hot weather for the past week. Is the yaw sensor underneath the drivers seat?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts