BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy smokes- This thing rocks- I was leaving from work, and my boss and I traded cars for the drive home- He took my 325i, and I took his M5-

All I can say is WOW! That sucker hauls, and does not want to stop- I had a quick blast on the HWY- and I could see someone reaching 220km/h really fast if it was legal ;)
I kept having to look down at the spedo, 'cause it just wants to go. It's like how you hit the torque at 3,000 in a 325, but it pulls like that from 500 to over 7,000-

If I owned that car I'd lose my liscence inside of a month! The engine has such a different sound than the 325 (Duh!) but the ride, and the other BMW nicities were just the same.

If I had a chance to throw it around some curves, I don't doubt that I woudl have been suitably impressed. I have done track time in the 996 style Porsche 911, and while the Porsche felt faster, the M5 has such strength, all while maintaining the BMW composure that one expects.

What a great experience- If you have access to an M5, or the funds to afford one, I highly recommend it!:thumbup:

Cheers, and happy holidays!

Attachments

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,348 Posts
Those cars are really amazing :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
haha what was your bosses expression when he took your 325

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vinnymac said:
My bosses financial advisor has one and the M5 blows the doors off his Carerra.
Yeah, the M5 may indeed be faster, but the Porsche feels faster- smaller, 2 door, etc- The M5 would be my car of choice for sure!
You can carry 4 guys out for lunch, and a couple sets of golf clubs, then make them lose their lunch on the way back to the office!:D

pOtpie: My boss actually likes the look of the facelifted 325 better than the M5- But obvoiusly would not trade me:sad: He basically said "Nice car, I love the ride" and I told him what a freaking rocketship his was! A fun thing to do with your boss!

·
INDEED
1,144 Posts
put 400horses in your 325 and your car can be faster then his m5. :)

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,174 Posts
thxguy said:

Yeah, the M5 may indeed be faster, but the Porsche feels faster- smaller, 2 door, etc- The M5 would be my car of choice for sure!
You can carry 4 guys out for lunch, and a couple sets of golf clubs, then make them lose their lunch on the way back to the office!:D

Yeah, I totally agree. I would love to have a Porsche but the M5 is a better around car to have.

You're a lucky guy for getting behind the wheel of that beast. :thumbup: :D

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
thxguy said:

pOtpie: My boss actually likes the look of the facelifted 325 better than the M5- But obvoiusly would not trade me:sad: He basically said "Nice car, I love the ride" and I told him what a freaking rocketship his was! A fun thing to do with your boss!
Funny you mention golf clubs. I was at my dealer the other day getting my car serviced so I decided to check out the other cars.

I opened the truck of a 5er and I saw a small sign in the trunk showing you how to fit three golf club bags in the trunk.

I thought that was pretty weird.

dave

·
Registered
228 Posts
Congrats, you experienced ''The wolf in sheep clothing''. If I could afford an M5, I would have one.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bender said:
what did your boss have to say about your 325??
He liked it, called it fun:sad: He was amazed at how similar the ride is between the two cars- That made me feel a little better- But I was amazed at how little UUmph my car had after driving his- I guess if I want to feel good about my car- I best not drive another M5, or an M3 for that matter!:D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bender said:
he was just being nice!! hahahhahahahaa
Yeah, I know- kinda like how nice I was to my best friend when HE bought a new Beetle- I just said "Wow, there's so much headroom...........:eeps: "

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
thxguy said:

Yeah, I know- kinda like how nice I was to my best friend when HE bought a new Beetle- I just said "Wow, there's so much headroom...........:eeps: "

haha i know what you mean.... "yeah smells new, your CRV"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts