BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put in my Orion V2s but they look like sh!t because of my DRLs. Is there any possible way for me to turn them off by myself? What do I need to do this? A local shop wants to charge me $80 and I dont wanna ask the stealership how much this will be... Any help would be nice. thanks :facepalm:

·
Registered
108 Posts
unfortunately i think you are out of luck. the only way i know of is using the dealer's computer or an independent BMW shop that has the software

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,545 Posts
It's a dealer programmable option so aside from unplugging the bulb (which triggers an error), you will need to have a shop code the option for you.

If this is the only time you want to code the car, it makes sense to have a local shop do it. However, if you want the ability to code the car down the line or check/clear fault codes, I suggest the Bavarian Technic Scan Tool which works via PC link to allow various coding and fault code clearance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I took my car in for its routine oil change at my local BMW dealership and they only charged me $35 to disable the DRL's.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've been pretty lucky with my dealer. They've given me loaners and they have fixed some small and quick items for free. Don't get me wrong, parts there are msrp and labor is well over $100/hr but they still treat me well each visit.

·
Registered
994 Posts
It's a dealer programmable option so aside from unplugging the bulb (which triggers an error), you will need to have a shop code the option for you.

If this is the only time you want to code the car, it makes sense to have a local shop do it. However, if you want the ability to code the car down the line or check/clear fault codes, I suggest the Bavarian Technic Scan Tool which works via PC link to allow various coding and fault code clearance.
Yeah, I just kept mine unplugged until I managed to find someone around me to turn mine off. The errors didn't really bother me. :p

So with that tool, I could freely code my car whenever I wanted? :eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went to the dealership today to have them turn off my drl's and they told me " sorry sir, those lights are a safety precaution and we do not jeopardize BMW quality"...are you serious?.......My friend owns a local shop where he mainly works on BMW's, we hooked up the computer, but were not able to figure it out. I did not see anything on there that said "lights" or "lighting".

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yea, I'll have to do that.....On a side note, I just bought a pair of Predator Chromiums from you guys and I am pleased to say that they look amazing! I got the 8000k's and I am really happy that they were not blue at all, very white, exactly what I was looking for! I was looking into getting some projector fogs, will the ones on your website have the same whiteness?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts