E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
The window should be able to be moved by hand. With the door open put one hand on the inside of the glass and the other on the outside in the center of the window and push it down. If that doesn't work or won't go down far enough to get the bolts that hold the glass to the regulator try operating the motor again and see if it will go down farther. If all else fails just cut the cables for the regulator and then the window will definitely be able to be lowered by hand unless it was glued but I have never seen that before. I have had a fair amount of those regulators that the cables were so jammed up I had to cut the cables to get the window down to the position to get to the bolts. This is a simple repair as long as it's not glued shut. No need for the dealer. Use an oem bmw part especially in the driver window. Part store, ebay, amazon ect generic parts are China/Taiwan copies of an already failure prone part. I tried a few different cheap regulators and most failed in a few months. I got tired of doing it over and over so I bought an oem part from worldpac. It will last years not months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.