BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange question, but has anybody installed a grab handle on the driver's side? I'm talking about the one on the roof just above your head. I know they're kind of pointless, but I really hate seeing those two blank covers in the roof. I'd like to buy one to install up there. I assume you can just pop out the covers and put a handle in but thought I'd see if anybody knows for sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow ! I'm almosting laughing cause when I bought my ride, 330CI - O1, same issue. Have the handle on the Passenger side but blanks on the driver side. When I was at the BMW dealer for other issues, asked the parts dept for parts related to this but he couldn't seem to cross ref. any parts for the driver side. Weird. Let me know if you find anything for this.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Strange question, but has anybody installed a grab handle on the driver's side? I'm talking about the one on the roof just above your head. I know they're kind of pointless, but I really hate seeing those two blank covers in the roof. I'd like to buy one to install up there. I assume you can just pop out the covers and put a handle in but thought I'd see if anybody knows for sure.
I think thats true, you should find a junk yard car and steal it's oh Sh$t handle and install it.

Report back if it works :)

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,806 Posts
I've been told the sedans have them on the driver's side.
Shouldn't be too hard, just order the one for a UK model that has the handle on the (left)passenger side. I thought about doing it a few times. But wonder if I'll hit my head on it.

·
Hawaii 3.0
5,373 Posts
I was going to put one in my coupe. It'll make getting in and out of the car easier and save on wear on the seat

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked up the parts on realoem.com then priced them at Tischer...looks like it would be about $30 plus shipping for handle, screws, caps, etc. I just gotta get out there and take the blanks off to see if there is anything for the screws to screw into.

I think it's some sort of government regulation that American cars don't come with driver's side oh crap handles. Don't know why, but it seems like something our gov would do.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sorry for bringing an old thread back to life , but has anybody done this yet. Does anyone know the part numbers on it because i'd love to order one. I imagine someone sells the European version which comes with the driver side version. I really want that handle:banghead:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for bringing an old thread back to life , but has anybody done this yet. Does anyone know the part numbers on it because i'd love to order one. I imagine someone sells the European version which comes with the driver side version. I really want that handle:banghead:
I haven't done it yet but still want to. All the part numbers were easily found on realoem.com, and Tischer sells all the parts. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts