BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of ya'll had this problem. I first noticed it a little bit about a month ago and it seams to be getting worse. My front drivers seat actually shifts a little bit if push back or punch the gas. Maybe about a 1/2" of travel or so.

Im just wondering if anyone has experienced this before and there is an easy fix or if I need to take it to a shop to fix it.

I have the manual sport seats.

TIA

Adam

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
My 325i is only a few months old and does this. It's not as bad as you describe but my seat rocks back and forth like a cheap GM seat.
So much for the "better" BMW interior build. I've read about these BMW seats in a number of threads. They feel cheap when they do this.
If I lower the seat all the way down, then it has much less "rocking" movement.

TT

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Is that what you think it is? Or do you know that's what it is?

The bolts on my seat seem pretty snug and tight to me. The movement seems to be coming from a different area.

TT

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did a cursory check and didn't find any loose bolts. My guess is a bad lever of some sort. Anybody else ever get this fixed?

·
Registered
99 Posts
All right went to the delear and asked the service manager about the seat he said he will take a look at it. Got the car back and its perfect now he said they tightened some bolts on the bottom of the seat. I have power seats. Hope this helped

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did anyone have any luck getting their seat problems resolved by the dealer? I'm having the same problem. It feels loose when I corner left or right and all the screws are on tight. It's been like that for as long as I can remember. :dunno:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Creaky seat

I have a similar problem...I have a 2004 330cic with the sport pkg. When turning left or right, there is a loud creaky noise coming from the inboard seat-back/seat joint. I can even feel the movement when the noise is made. The dealer called it an 'operational characteristic'......aka, thats just how they are. I don't believe it....I think if you spend around $48k for a car, the seats should be quiet.

I've not checked the bolts but I had it in the dealer and I assume they would've checked them. BTW, they told me that it would be less noisy if the seat were set higher. I find that to be not true.

Any other feedback would help :dunno:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts