E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a 1999 BMW 323i and recently had a drivers side door lock issue that locked us out till we replaced the key fob battery, which unlocked the door. After trying to find out as to why this happened i pulled the drivers inside door panel off to investigate and took off the actuator only to discover that wasn't necessary to replace the key cylinder on the outside of the door. Anyhoo- i out the panel back together and realized i didn't hook up the outside handle properly and couldn't open the door from the outside, but could from the inside. So i re-positioned the outside handle to the "lever" inside and got it to operate fine. Put the panel back on, locked the doors with the key fob and went to un-lock the doors. All doors unlocked except for the Drivers front door. So i tried pulling the inside door handle, still will not open door. I pulled the panel back off- without opening the door, only to find i forgot to plug the actuator back in. That didn't help either. So- i cannot open the drivers side door from the inside or out now. Suspecting the actuator itself, how would one propose i remove the actuator from the door- without being able to open the door? Do i go through the inside panel access? Not that big of a deal- but frustrating... Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts