E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what can cause this. Most times my car starts off with the warning that my driver side brake light is malfunctioning. And when the light is on, the brake light indeed does not work. But after diving for a while, the light goes off and everything works fine. Theni t may come back on gain. Any ideas whats causign this, btw i have retrofit xenons but have not gotten my ecu flased. could this be the cause???

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine does the same.

I had read on another forum that it can be caused by slight corrosion around the bulb contacts and it is worthwhile taking the bulbs out of the bulbholder and give both them, and the bulbholder, a good clean wth something like a fibreglass pen.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adam Davis said:
Mine does the same.

I had read on another forum that it can be caused by slight corrosion around the bulb contacts and it is worthwhile taking the bulbs out of the bulbholder and give both them, and the bulbholder, a good clean wth something like a fibreglass pen.

Hope this helps.
thanks, i'll give it a try

·
Registered
759 Posts
Adam Davis said:
Mine does the same.

Hope this helps.
:werd:

Just fixed my front turn signals, was having the same problem. There was a little corrosion, and changed the bulb.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts