BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i drove a little when it started snowing last weekend and drove to atlantic city today and came back and my car is not silver gray anymore from all the fcuking salt and shiet on the road... how long would you wait to wash that off? should i go to the car wash place so they can spray under the car? im gonna try to wash my car tomorrow in 30-something deg weather... i hate snow...:ben:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wash it as soon as you can but it isnt urgent. They use tons of salt on the roads where I live and I wash the car once a week. Making sure to spend a little extra time under the fenders where alot of the snow/salt collects.

·
E46Fanatic
3,128 Posts
it's supposed to be close to 50 degrees on wednesday. might wanna wait until then. i am :D

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
wash your car wed.

in the 50 something temp. and spend a little more time under
the car with plenty of water. and you should be find. i am in
the same situtation as you i am in bklyn. lots and lots of salt lolll
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
391 Posts
yeah... Wednesday in the NY area gonna be car washing day... long ass lines at the car wash.... etc.... not gonna go tho :) gonna use hot water from the house and go back and forth with buckets... hmmmm...do I stop when my fingers turn blue ?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just washed my baby this morning around 11... it was in the high 30's but no wind so it wasnt that bad.. i also had those red rubber gloves..(korean people would know what these are).. so it wasnt bad at all....

now im afraid to drive it.... dont want it to get dirty again!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
I try to rinse the car off daily.

It's too freaking cold to wash often, though.
DAILY! Wow, if your married you wife must think your nuts. I wash mine twice a week and I get "the look".............

·
BMW Land Barge
1,378 Posts
a) Very definitely NOT married.
b) The great thing about a rinse is that it takes all of 30 seconds. I don't dry the car off or anything. It's just a salt removal thing I do during the winter. So I don't get the strange looks that I got when, say, I washed the car while a hurricane was coming ashore.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just came back from runnin some errands and tried to be careful not driving on the wet spots and shiet, and yet those salt shiet got on the side of my car.. i need to get those mud flaps or soemthing for the winter.... :tsk:

·
XX
376 Posts
I were those yellow dishing washing gloves, and put my sheepskin mitt over them, otherwise my fingers freeze off. Neighbors must think I'm crazy. Last week I had to go inside every few minutes when I was drying my car, every time I would wring my chamois my hand got week and would hurt from the cold. I can't wait to wash it, this is the dirtyest its been.

My quick car wash is at least 3 hours :rolleyes:
I have to learn to wash faster :banghead: . When I first picked up my car in the spring it would take at least 5 hours :tsk: I'm getting better now :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
NYCSteel said:
yeah... Wednesday in the NY area gonna be car washing day... long ass lines at the car wash.... etc.... not gonna go tho :) gonna use hot water from the house and go back and forth with buckets... hmmmm...do I stop when my fingers turn blue ?

I read that if u use hot water, you can melt and wash away the wax. If that's true, I'll risk the frost bite:D

·
Registered
252 Posts
i used to wear those worthless yellow dish washing gloves. then one day while at home depot i found heavy duty black rubber gloves with a thin layer of felt like stuff inside, my hands never get cold anymore.

and yes, my neighbors have grown to see me do weird car washing stuff....washing them at 1am, drying them with a leaf blower, washing them while it is snowing out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts