E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
12,638 Posts
i heard that the 2003m3smg gives out

around 270 h/p to the rear wheels that is in the ball park i say give or take 5 h/p. i think it all depends on how your car adjusts to your driving habits with its drive by wire ? system.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
382 Posts
tytanium04 said:
Anyone know what the rwhp on the SMG is? I heard the manual was putting down 278 rwhp and the SMG 265? If this is incorrect please fill me in. Thanks. :hi:
:yikes: ReAlLy? I heard it's the other way SMG 278rwhp and manual 265rwhp :dunno: I drove both manual and smg, but can't tell the difference in power except smg shifts MUCH faster. I don't think there's 13rwhp difference

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I heard from a BMW technician that you can launch the SMG at 6500 rpms you have to hold both levers back and your gone.

Thanks for the replies... any SMG owners run in the quarter mile? :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
but what happens when you take both of them to the track.

I'd say if both the drivers are equal in driving skills then the smg should win.

It would take a very good driver (with the stick) to keep up with m3 smg at the track.

·
Owner
3,732 Posts
tytanium04 said:
I heard from a BMW technician that you can launch the SMG at 6500 rpms you have to hold both levers back and your gone.

Thanks for the replies... any SMG owners run in the quarter mile? :thumbup:
Why would anyone want to launch at 6500RPM? You'll get excessive wheelspin resulting in a slower time :dunno:

As for 1/4 mile times, check out this link:

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0212ec_bmwtech/

It shows that the 6sp is quicker than the SMG in the 1/4.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lee Matthews mentioned the only way to get a fast quarter mile time was a high rpm launch and being able to hook up. I read on another forum a SMG owner was pulling consistent 13.3's he had to have been launching at higher rpms.

I just want to know what the fastest an SMG car has ran. It's a given the 6 speed can tear up the track at will it's rev happy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.