BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had all 5 seats occupied last weekend and noticed a huge increase in road noise. It also seemed like there there was more noise coming from the car when passing over bumps and breaks in the highway.... Anybody else notice this? Is this due to bad tires or wheels? Anything else I should check out?

·
Registered
26,261 Posts
34F, 38R

Thanks for input!
Is that the door jamb pressure for fully loaded? I was also thinking tire pressure should be up a little, though for mine, that would be high. 32 is highest I run in front, but my rears, when fully loaded ( 4 passengers and fully loaded trunk) is 41 in the rear iirc.

I was also thinking that you have a 1,000 lbs. more on the relatively same size contact patch; I'd expect it to be louder. Your car is close to 33% heavier with that load

·
Registered
720 Posts
Try loading the suspension from side to side, if you feel variation in road noise, it could be the bearings. Also the CV joints may be the culprit because with passengers the angle at which they spin changes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot for the input. I like the idea of switching the load around to see if it could be a boarderline bearing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts