BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a difficult time lining up the brake pedal over the grooves on the brake. And the drilling on the brake is hard.

So, I am planning on double-sided taping the pedals. Has anyone done this? And does it work? Is it stable?



Thanks in advance,

Chris:)
 

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
Joined
·
6,702 Posts
i drilled my gas and clutch but taped the Brake and Footrest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
646 Posts
I would REALLY recommend you to drill instead of having it just taped there. Having your break pedal taped on there could be dangerous in a hard brake situation. It's really not that hard, just pickup a titanium drill bit from home depot and your set, that thing will drill through the brake pedal in a few minutes.
 

·
Still around...
Joined
·
1,788 Posts
taping something as important as a brake pedal, has got to be the dummest thing i've heard today... Run to Home Depot, buy the right drill bit, and it will cut like "butta."

or pull into a local shop that got air tools and give the 5 bucks to drill the holes...
 

·
wah wah wah
Joined
·
2,765 Posts
Krix330cic(NJ) said:
taping something as important as a brake pedal, has got to be the dummest thing i've heard today... Run to Home Depot, buy the right drill bit, and it will cut like "butta."

or pull into a local shop that got air tools and give the 5 bucks to drill the holes...
:thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
 

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
Joined
·
6,702 Posts
heehee I was about to do that today but got caught up. finally done with school to finish some things on my car. I know taping it isnt safe. i just never got around to finishing it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,315 Posts
I drilled mine...

The though part is drilling the brake pedal...I have no idea why BMW has to make it metal only for the brakes, and to make things worst, it has grooves on it which make it sooo much more difficult to drill...But I suggest drilling it, it'll definitely stay on unlike the double sided tape idea
 

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
Joined
·
3,922 Posts
Re: I drilled mine...

ssutisna said:
The though part is drilling the brake pedal...I have no idea why BMW has to make it metal only for the brakes, and to make things worst, it has grooves on it which make it sooo much more difficult to drill...But I suggest drilling it, it'll definitely stay on unlike the double sided tape idea
I believe its metal because its the most vital and the most used (unless you lived somewhere with no traffic and stoplights-that would be a dream). But of any of the pedals, you wouldn't want that one to fail.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
779 Posts
What if your car is leased? Will the dealer care if you turn it back in with the gas and brake pedals having holes through them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
i have done for drilled many of my friends car....hard part is break, :mad: :mad:
 

·
Still around...
Joined
·
1,788 Posts
carpenterm said:
What if your car is leased? Will the dealer care if you turn it back in with the gas and brake pedals having holes through them?
the holes are tiny.. they will not notice them.. and besides, clutch and brake holes will be covered once you put the stock rubbers back on..
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top