BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if any one knows anything about the r 35 engine please email me at [email protected] i bought a 328i with an r35 engine and i would like to make it faster but do not kno what to do to the engine if you have any phone numbers or web site that can help please email them to me thanks alot guys:cry:

·
Registered
198 Posts
All I know is it's freakin fast. If you actually got an R35 motor. I would love to see pics of the car.....where'd you get it at?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i cant find a number it

i ahvent been able to find one number that helps if u have any numbers please give them to me or websites.......... the engine is not that quick i have 308 at the crank but in the car there is a 500lb sound system the slows it down alot

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i called there and the guy was a DICK he told me that you cant get them in the U.S and there nothing or nowhere to bring it

·
Alpha Male
7,157 Posts
The OFFICIAL Racing Dynamics division in the USA is located in SoCal. Their site is www.rdsport.com

www.racdyn-usa.com is owned by Electrodyne which USED to be partnered with Racing Dynamics and owns the Racing Dynamics name in the USA.

Genuine Racing Dynamics is marketed under the name RD Sport in North America.

As for your R35 engine. The kit based on the M52TU B28 is supposed to be rated at or about 314HP

·
Alpha Male
7,157 Posts
Clem said:
The OFFICIAL Racing Dynamics division in the USA is located in SoCal. Their site is www.rdsport.com

www.racdyn-usa.com is owned by Electrodyne which USED to be partnered with Racing Dynamics and owns the Racing Dynamics name in the USA.

Genuine Racing Dynamics is marketed under the name RD Sport in North America.

As for your R35 engine. The kit based on the M52TU B28 is supposed to be rated at or about 314HP
In addition the owner's name is Frederico Pavoncelli (sorry if I spelled it wrong Frederico) he posts/lurks here on occasion.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that Rd sport site wont come up for me. did it come up for you ? And what else can i do to my car for more horse? I am totaly confused with this car i have no clue what is in it or done to it do you have any suggestions on any thing thanks alot.
Anthony

·
Alpha Male
7,157 Posts
328iR35 said:
that Rd sport site wont come up for me. did it come up for you ? And what else can i do to my car for more horse? I am totaly confused with this car i have no clue what is in it or done to it do you have any suggestions on any thing thanks alot.
Anthony
The site is down for me. But essentially what an R35 motor is, is a stroked motor to 3.5L with all new engine components.

300+ HP and you want more?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HELL YEA ! it has 300 but also there is 500lbs in sound system equipment which slows it down alot i jsut need around 50hp more to the cranks and ill be happy any suggestions ?

·
Alpha Male
7,157 Posts
try lightening your drive train or get shorter gearing i.e. ltw flywheel, pullies, 3.46 diff gearing (which won't give you 50 HP)

you can always try to get a low compression SC with custom software but that's $$$$$$$$

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have 3.46 diff gearing, i cant belive that it has a bigger engine then the M3 but i cant get it faster

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
Easy. You have the power (do you have the brakes and suspension?) now you need to lose the weight. The reason why a properly tuned (non-FI) E36 M3 can beat an E46 M3 is because of weight reduction. E46s are heavy cars look into c/f parts (please paint them) and lose the silly sound system. You don't need AC up in Jersey right? :) Then start to track that puppy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have Koni Coil-over suspension kit,Alcon Racing Brakes, but i cant get rid of the system the guy who had it b4 me put 20k in to it if i knew how to get pics on here i would.. and what do you mean by c/f parts ?
thanks alot anthony

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Clem do you know where i can get an email adress for this guy Frederico Pavoncelli? i think he might to be able to help
thanks alot

1 - 17 of 17 Posts