E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as I unlock my doors with the keyfob or console button, they automatically lock right back! In order to get in or out of my car I'm in a race to open the door before it locks right back and it's really pissing me off. It just started this crap about 2 days ago and is doing that about 95% of the time. Any ideas on what it could be?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
As soon as I unlock my doors with the keyfob or console button, they automatically lock right back! In order to get in or out of my car I'm in a race to open the door before it locks right back and it's really pissing me off. It just started this crap about 2 days ago and is doing that about 95% of the time. Any ideas on what it could be?
LoL... thats funny.....just imagining, if you forgot to take your seatbelt off...lol..........:hi: get that checked out tho... thats definitely is not supposed to happen...

·
Registered
800 Posts
not sure...

The unit inside the driver's door is the "decider", as far as the entire system goes. This part may be malfunctioning.

Can you search around the topic, read a few pages, and get a better idea?

In the fuse panel behind/inside the glove compt. is there a fuse? You could possibly remove and lock/unlock manually until it's solved.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can use my handle to open it from the inside, but I just fought with it to get it to open from the outside and the key wont work manually!! :banghead:

·
Premium Member
28,972 Posts
I am guessing the driver door lock cyclinder connecting link is broken?? Designed to be weak to prevent easy break ins from my understanding?

When this link breaks, the you cannot open the door with the key and I do not think you can lower or raise the windows?

Not sure what happens on the early E46 as I think they may be different from the later (2000 or 2001?) E46?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts