E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My damn doors are so hard to open. Feels almost as if they are locked- and I need to pull real hard on the handles to open them. People try to get in my 330ci 2002 and think my doors are locked still eventhough they are opened. My driver side started to get like this first, and I went and got it lubed up, but now both sides are doing it. Do I just keep getting them lubed or do I have a problem?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
get it checked out. doesn't sound right to me.

my coupe has worn and 'broken' rubber seals but it's no problem opening the doors.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the same problem. The door handles feel so cheap, when I pull hard I feel like I'm going to rip them off. I guess I should have it checked out.

·
Banned
74 Posts
I had this problem with my passenger door opening very hard (while unlocked), dealer replaced the door lock actuator and the door opens with just one finger. Must be something that wears out or something, I need it done on my driver side now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any idea how much the door lock replacement was? Or you were under warranty still?

And yes the door handle does feel very cheap now. They used to open with one finger np, but now feels as if I am breaking the damn things off when I go to open it . Doesn't feel smooth at all.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
same here. everyone thinks my doors are locked when they are not and im affraid of them ripping my door handle off. My sister ripped off my trunk handle because she was soo unpatient. SIGH....

·
Registered
111 Posts
I seem to have the same problem as well. Does anyone know if this would be someting that would be covered by maintenance?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've got it too. I have had the dealer work on it twice and only a moderate fix. They never replaced any parts though as someone suggested - just tweaked the hinge, I believe.

They advised me to lift up on the handle rather than out. Seems to work slightly better.

I too would like to know if this is something I can get fixed (the right way) under warranty.

·
Banned
74 Posts
I paid a total of $380 including parts for the door lock actuator replacement. That was before I setup a dealer account. I'll call and get a price quote on the door lock actuator, I should be able to get 20% off (parts only) if any of you want to use my discount.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts