E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THinking of wrapping the door inserts (I have black interior with Glossy black trim), I was thinking glossy black or matte black.....

ANY OTHER IDEAS? Pics of anything someone has done with their door inserts?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ttt please help!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did, could not find what I was looking for, thanks.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Too expensive, $200 for a used set. I could wrap them for $20 of material and my time, if anyone could show me examples. PLEASE? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I cheated and ended up getting my headliner and pillars wrapped at a store nearby, I took everything apart, tested my wrapping skills and after a lng conversation with the guys at Mint Motorcars decided they would do it, so now on to wrapping door inserts myself after seeing results. I am ging to start by doing a vinyl repair kit on couple of gashes and then wrap over the top of the vinyl to see how it would look. I'll post pics when I have the "test" wrap done.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
How much for the pillars?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got a Project price, $200 for everything (labor and materials) wrapped and he convinced me to do the foam-backed suede instead of the Joann's stuff. He is also wrapping the three covers. He's done, just need to go by today pickup and reinstall!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
MY GOD MAN, and that seems like a helluva good deal. Foam backed is tricky to fit back into place, but at least it won't bubble like Joanns. Mine bubbled when it was 20 outside and 55 inside my car

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I talked to them for a good hour about everything that could go wrong with me doing the Joann's, and I decided it was worth doing it once the right way! :thumbsup: If I was really broke and had lots of time I would do the Joann's way, but $200 to redo my interior look, I'm in. These guys do audio also, if I didn't do most of my audio myself I'd probably switch from Texas Audio to them. They had some LEGIT projects going on.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ok, headliner installed and looks good, Pillars didn't fit my car, I got M3 pillars wrapped :eeps: so now need to wrap my pillars and then looks like I'm just going to get some very lightly used panels off ebay for $200. No consensus on here about wrapping the Door panel inserts, which is the only part of my panels that are not in good condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's some pics. Not bad, the Headliner isn't a perfect match for the pillars, but close enough I think. I like it, repainted the visors, etc with Gloss Black and they came out GREAT!:thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts