BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAMN! My driver door has been locked and unopenable for two days now! I have to enter and exit through the passenger side only and it's a pain .....anyhow, I've searched an seen the many post regarding this issue and would like to know if anyone has found a solution themselves or through the dealer for this problem????
My symptoms are similar to that of miamitopaz(can't remeber the correct screen name) because this weekend here was cold and wet and this is when the door started to lock itself and now its unopenable....I've tried opening from the inside door handle and the outside door handle nothing......dang this is dangerous because what if I need to get out in an emergency!........Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.....

Oh and this has never happend during the dry summer here in cali....and I've taken apart my door and the door opening mechanism is attached and there's nothing broken or unattached.

·
Registered
358 Posts
i believe this they recalled on this...but not sure.. u can try calling ur dealership about it... my door does it kinda but i can open it still... its just sticky once in a while

·
Registered
645 Posts
i had a similar problem but with my passenger side door lock, it would only open 50% of the time. Turns out the motor that controls the lock actuator (sp?) was broken. Dealer fixed it under warranty, works better than my driver side lock now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm I guess I take it to the dealer and see what they say because it's under CPO warranty and hopefully they find a solution to it....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts