BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 325ci and the door lock stopped working properly. It does not lock remotely, but it locks remotely. It does open with the key (old-school insert and turn method).

I would like to have an idea of what the problem may be before I tear it all apart.

Any and all help appreciated.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Does the central locking button work to unlock it? Check out bmwgm5.com for the symptoms and see if they match yours

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the central locking button work to unlock it? Check out bmwgm5.com for the symptoms and see if they match yours

Yes, the central locking button works partially. It will lock and unlock the passenger door, but it will not lock/unlock the driver's door.

Is it the actuator or the GM5?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
:search:There is a procedure to reset your key signal or something. I had that happen to mine and I found it on here using :search:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yes, the central locking button works partially. It will lock and unlock the passenger door, but it will not lock/unlock the driver's door.

Is it the actuator or the GM5?
Sounds like the driver's door actuator....

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
:search:There is a procedure to reset your key signal or something. I had that happen to mine and I found it on here using :search:
Can anyone point me to this "reset"? I tried finding it, but no luck.
One of my car is a 2001 325i and I started having the same issue recently. Sometimes the remote works, but I have to stand there for a minute and keep pressing it, it works once in a while. Also, my doors don't lock as I start driving, they used always lock once I went over 10 mph or something like that.Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am having trouble with my locks. All my locks work perfect except for my driver door. It doesn't lock! Can anyone help with this this!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts