E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my car at the body shop last Saturday and was told it will be ready on Friday. i call to see if it was ready and they said they couldnt work on it becase they couldnt open the door to see the paint code. :censor: I get there and the driver side door was indeed stuck. The key would unlock and lock the doors, the central locking button also worked fine. The passenger door would open but the driver's door would not budge. I had to get in from the passenger side to take my car to the dealership. Im having so much bad luck with my car. The break pad light comes on and while I was at the dealership the weatherstrip on the passenger side came loose :bawling: I did get a 330ci convertible loaner with nav and spoiler though :woot: Has this happened to anyone?

My car has about 11500 miles on it. Is it normal for the break pad indicator to come on?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
It is not normal for the brake light to come on with 11,000 miles on the odometer, unless u love to brake for no reason :dunno: . Dude, your car is 2004. btw, sweet loaner!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just started having driver side unlocking problems as well. Maybe because it is cold out but when I hit unlock on the keyfob the driver side door does not unlock. You can hear the unlock mechanism trying to unlock and the door pin goes up like halfway. When I hit unlock again to open all doors, then the pin goes up all the way and the door is unlocked. Anyone else having these types of issues?? I have a 2002 325CI.

·
Registered
771 Posts
psymon said:
I just started having driver side unlocking problems as well. Maybe because it is cold out but when I hit unlock on the keyfob the driver side door does not unlock. You can hear the unlock mechanism trying to unlock and the door pin goes up like halfway. When I hit unlock again to open all doors, then the pin goes up all the way and the door is unlocked. Anyone else having these types of issues?? I have a 2002 325CI.
CRAP!

ME TOO!

This sucks, twice today when I pulled the door handle the first time to unlock it didn't quite go all the way up, and now it just won't open at all.

i think this happened once before with this car, but I don't remember the details, but this is certainly not cool at all.

-Jer

·
Registered
771 Posts
I was able to bring my car to the dealer (Competition BMW in Smithtown, NY) and they were able to squeeze me in to remedy my predicament.
I dropped it off at 5:30 last night, and it was ready at 4:00 this afternoon.

I didn't talk to the mechanic personally, but apparently there is a clip that broke off in the door handle linkage, and was replaced under warranty at no charge.

Thanks, Competition!

-Jer

·
Registered
220 Posts
Griptruk said:
I was able to bring my car to the dealer (Competition BMW in Smithtown, NY) and they were able to squeeze me in to remedy my predicament.
I dropped it off at 5:30 last night, and it was ready at 4:00 this afternoon.

I didn't talk to the mechanic personally, but apparently there is a clip that broke off in the door handle linkage, and was replaced under warranty at no charge.

Thanks, Competition!

-Jer
Thanks for the update. I am going to make an appointment with the dealer to get this fixed under warrantee before it expires.
This type of stuff should be embarrasing for BMW

·
Registered
42 Posts
psymon said:
ya dude me too , I had the stealership replace the door lock actuator, now it works fine.
:str8pimpi

·
Registered
203 Posts
psymon said:

damn, i have the exact same issue..its ridiculous, i sprayed wd40 and remedied the issue for like a day. im hoping that it is due to the cold weather and will fix itself when it gets about 60.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts