E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey everyone,

this morning i look at both my front doors and i realize that the airbag section on the doors is unsticking? its like there is a big airbubble inside of it?
Below is the part i mean, but, how can i fix that? do i have to dismantle the door?

thanks everyone

btw: that is not my door..just to show you the specific part.

·
Registered
7,850 Posts
You'll probably have to do some minor surgery (guessing) to get between that leather surface layer and the foam beneath it. Then use some like spray fabric/upholstery adhesive to get that "bubble" out.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Isn't that piece usually just replaceable?

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
is there a way to remove it?
When I took apart my door trim, it did not seem that it was possible to remove. It looked as if it was held in very tightly by either clips or an easily breakable plastic seam. I didn't try to take it apart, but it looked to be a pretty solid piece.

This is why airbag covers suck :( They warp, they come apart, and are unsightly. I'm glad technology improved to hide them in the dash and door frames on new cars. I don't know why it took BMW so long to build the covers into the dash with their current lineup.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
When I took apart my door trim, it did not seem that it was possible to remove. It looked as if it was held in very tightly by either clips or an easily breakable plastic seam. I didn't try to take it apart, but it looked to be a pretty solid piece.

This is why airbag covers suck :( They warp, they come apart, and are unsightly. I'm glad technology improved to hide them in the dash and door frames on new cars. I don't know why it took BMW so long to build the covers into the dash with their current lineup.
It is easily removable, unless they changed something between my year and your year. I've had my entire door panel taken apart multiple times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts