BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My door handle, window trim and the line below the door handle are all chrome on my car (thats how it comes from the dealer)

Im thinking of painting my door handle and the line below it the car color (Alpine white)

What about the window trim? black?

and Im thinking about painting the surrounding of the grill white and the grill itself black?

After they sand the door handle, trim.. its color is black right? or does it need to be painted black?

Thanks

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
:thumbup: that would be how i'd do it!

alp white will look good with that combo on the grill. and the black window trim will look especially good if you are tinted

is it real chrome on the handle and side trim? wouldnt you have to strip that before painting?

·
Mod Squad
12,623 Posts
I would look at ordering the parts from the dealership and then selling the chrome pieces. I'm sure some fan of bling blinging will pick them up. If the parts are real chrome, I'd imagine that it would be difficult for the paint to adhere to them. :dunno:

·
99% Stock
1,131 Posts
russ330 said:
I would look at ordering the parts from the dealership and then selling the chrome pieces. I'm sure some fan of bling blinging will pick them up. If the parts are real chrome, I'd imagine that it would be difficult for the paint to adhere to them. :dunno:
:werd:

I would black out all of the grill but it might be interesting to have to outer white.

I think the chrome window trim would look ok for now if you do get the blacked out front grills, the black window trim would match nicely. Post pics after too. :str8pimpi :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Penguin Koolaid said:
Your body trim came in chrome?
Yes, I will post pics later on.

russ330 said:
I would look at ordering the parts from the dealership and then selling the chrome pieces. I'm sure some fan of bling blinging will pick them up. If the parts are real chrome, I'd imagine that it would be difficult for the paint to adhere to them.
I asked the dealership how much would the black window trim would cost, the guy quoted me $480 USD each. For the chrome, The shop im going to take my car in said they will sand it first and remove the chrome then paint it.

Thanks for your suggestion guys :thumbup:

·
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist
3,719 Posts
trying to make a sleeper car?

if u replace the chrome with black trim won't it look like a 323/325?

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
10chi said:
trying to make a sleeper car?

if u replace the chrome with black trim won't it look like a 323/325?
All the coupes from 2003 onwards come with the chrome trim here in the middle east so no :p

·
Just a Brand-wh0re Elitist
3,719 Posts
Ua3 said:
All the coupes from 2003 onwards come with the chrome trim here in the middle east so no :p

my bad....I must have missed that....I thought u were talking about sedans

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anymore suggestions/comments?

Btw, since i'm taking my car in tomorrow im thinking about removing one of my resonators (the one which everyone removes it) but I dont know if there will be any change on a Hamann exhaust? I'v read it makes no difference on some and on others it makes a big difference.. any info is appreciated :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts