BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are my options if i have a 2002 325i with just the regular headlights (non xenon)? i talked to the stealership and they quoted "at least 1500 for parts, prolly more" so what can i do? i dont want just new bulbs, i want xenon, or bi if possible.

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
Luke WL. said:
what are my options if i have a 2002 325i with just the regular headlights (non xenon)? i talked to the stealership and they quoted "at least 1500 for parts, prolly more" so what can i do? i dont want just new bulbs, i want xenon, or bi if possible.
you can just look on ebay
or even in the classifieds on this board!
make sure you get the facelift xenon housing kit(2002+).

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do i need to worry about "control units" and other **** like that? or just a xenon kit from bekkers, or here?

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
Luke WL. said:
do i need to worry about "control units" and other **** like that? or just a xenon kit from bekkers, or here?
no i did the same retrofitting xenons onto my halogens.
basically it was pretty simple. you will have to do some cutting in the brackets holding the housing kit to fit it in properly.

it is basically plug and play...i would recommend for you to go to the dealer to program ur car for xenons afterwards otherwise u will get a flickering/light strobe problem on startup. Also only one person i know of got the bixenon (hi beams on xenons) to work
after doing the retrofit...i think he is in the process of getting a DYI.

good luck

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, and if i have no mexhanical abilities, will i be able to do this or should i take it to a shop?

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
Luke WL. said:
thanks, and if i have no mexhanical abilities, will i be able to do this or should i take it to a shop?
if ur uncomfortable with messing with ur car then i would recommend for u to take it to a shop.
but it is pretty simple.

first you have to take off the trim in between the bumper and the housing kit and then you have to take off 4 screws on each side in order to take the housing kit out. U will need a wrench extension and even one of those magnetic things because one screw is hard to get to. then unplug everything and pull it out.

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
Luke WL. said:
i think i should be able to do that, will this interfere with any type of dde's?
Of course,
if u already have DDE on ur housing kit, u will need to remove the rings and drill new holes in the back of ur xenon housing kit to run the fiber cables thru.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sweet, thank you. sounds like ill be with the cool xenon people in a couple of weeks...do i have to do any other modifications to the housing or anything if i want to put 6000k bulbs in?

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
no, basically it is a different bulb no alterations/modifications needed. Changing the bulbs is easy and if u were to do the 6000k upgrade i would recommend changing it before u put the new housing kit into the car. I wouldve done it and it looks hella sweet but it cost over 200 bucks for the bulbs while on ebay, u can find the stock 4300k bulbs for 50$ea. maybe i'll do it in the future.

·
Banned
684 Posts
Hey, we have a perfectly unused driver's side bi-xenon unit that we purchased for around $550.00. It was only used to check fittment on an E46 for our intake (on a car that didn't have bi-xenon). Will sell for $350 plus $10.00 shipping.

-Dan

[email protected]

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if you can tell me where to buy a passenger side unit, and this one will fit a facelift sedan, ill take it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts