E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i was outside prepping the car for inspection tommorrow and i had to swap out the color matched reflectors up front. well one of those suckers didn't want to come out, and well it finally came out but :banghead:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
wow you had to change your reflectors for inspection? My car was registered in VA last year and I left everything in just put amber bulbs in the clear and everything passed...do they not let you have intakes and stuff....my car is now reg in Florida cause Im at school here now and this summer I will be moving to NY I'm wondering if they are gonna be that hard as well...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Inspection? Who's going to "inspect" your car?

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,524 Posts
for some reason CT has suspended its inspections for a couple years (maybe not that long but for a long ass time) so i guess i got lucky. i have the clear reflectors in the front and clear bulbs w/ clear lenses. the bulbs will obviously have to be replaced , should i change out the reflectors too? if i dont will it be a fine or what?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
giambi77 said:
Inspection? Who's going to "inspect" your car?
In VA you can take it to any authorized station its like 50 bucks you have todo it each car they make sure that the car is safe enough to drive and the exhaust isnt polluting and to prevent illegal stuff being on cars...its seems dumb to me....but I guess the pollution good to check

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Why did you have to put the stock reflectors and orange bulbs back in your clears to pass inspection? :confused:

Chip-

·
mod bug resistant
600 Posts
In MA, they look at the color of your blinker light, not the actual lense. I failed inspection in my Maxima once because of that.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this is my 1st inspection w/ the car, and didn't want anything to screw it up. i get inspections @ my dealer for free. and i figured since they know bmw's they might catch on to the reflectors. according to pa law your car must reflect amber from the fron side. and unfortunatly those amber bulbs wouldn't cut it. atleast i'd assume they wouldn't

either way im pretty upset about the reflector
:cry:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I still don't get it, why does the state care about the reflector's being painted??

Chip-

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
carguy84 said:
I still don't get it, why does the state care about the reflector's being painted??

Chip-
they're painted, thus they won't reflect amber. which would be illegal. :dunno:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I live in VA. State inspections and emissions tests are the worst. Thats why I got close with one of my homies that is liscensed inspector and now he hooks it up for me and my boys. :thumbup:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
EviLSydeSiLk said:
I live in VA. State inspections and emissions tests are the worst. Thats why I got close with one of my homies that is liscensed inspector and now he hooks it up for me and my boys. :thumbup:
yah, i did that for my maxima all the time, but with the bmw the dealership covers the inspections for me :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Hmm, so it's a safety issue thing of not being able to see the car parked at night say on a dark road? Where's the beef in that?

Chip-

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
its basically DOT regulation thats why BMW cant offer clears with the sport package on the sedans because they dont have any reflectors

·
Registered
437 Posts
I agree. It is a safety thing like not driving too fast for conditions but most people here seem to think they know better than other people.

·
Registered
437 Posts
BGReddy00 said:

In VA you can take it to any authorized station its like 50 bucks you have todo it each car they make sure that the car is safe enough to drive and the exhaust isnt polluting and to prevent illegal stuff being on cars...its seems dumb to me....but I guess the pollution good to check
[/QUOTE
funny the cost is only 12$ in VA and that just came up from 10$. Check you facts before you post

1 - 20 of 22 Posts