E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bavarian Motor Slave
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
meaning, is it because hte wheel is wider in the back so the hub is "sucked in" or is that something i would only find on M3 offset RCs?

Like on Loki's rims.

·
Bavarian Motor Slave
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wondering if I could get that look on my non-M E46. PS, whats the widest wheel/tire combo I could go in the rear safely? 9in 255?

·
Bavarian Motor Slave
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i dont want to roll anything. I just want the biggest rational width wheels/tires i could fit htat look like the M versions in the pics above.

·
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar
5,882 Posts
The concaved look is really only achieved with the M3 offsets and stop posting Wheel shiit in the General you mick! :tongue:

·
Bavarian Motor Slave
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
W&T is a graveyard of unanswer posts, plus you know you like to feel wantred. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
966 Posts
It has mostly to do with the wheel offset. The offset measures the distance from the theoretical midpoint of the width of the wheel to the hub. So the closer the hub is to the center of the wheel (lower offset), the more "sucked in" it looks. Wider wheels will enhance the effect as well, at a given offset. Your maximum concave curvature is determined therefore by the distance from fender edge to hub. There aren't really any wheels I've seen for regular 3's that achieve this look, you'd have to stretch your fenders out to widebody status if you want to run lower offsets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts