E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Alpine White
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you had problems with the Park Distance control after installing a new amp. Since the beeping sound is emmited from the audio speakers (I think) would a new 4-channel amp hooked up directly to the speakers somehow make the Park Distance control beeping sound not come through the speakers? And also for those of you with 2004 and up with BMW Assist have problems operating the Assist function after installing an aftermarket HU and amp?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm installing PDC on my 03 right now and the sound comes out of a seperate speaker. Actually called a gong by BMW. It's located on the trim panel above the petals in the driver's side wheel well. Take a look and see if yours is there.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Dr Jekyll said:
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you had problems with the Park Distance control after installing a new amp. Since the beeping sound is emmited from the audio speakers (I think) would a new 4-channel amp hooked up directly to the speakers somehow make the Park Distance control beeping sound not come through the speakers? And also for those of you with 2004 and up with BMW Assist have problems operating the Assist function after installing an aftermarket HU and amp?
If you replace the head unit, the assist does not work any more.

It is really easy to check about the PDC. Just disconnect the plug going uinto the factory amplifier and test it. If it still works, then the sound is not coming from the OEM speakers. The amp is located on the left side of the trunk (non-convertibles), behind the liner (under the two pockets on the sides). The module on top of the two pockest is the assist module, BTW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts