BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that lowering the rear of the car too much will increase wheel hop and can damage/break your axle. Is this true?

·
Registered
11,322 Posts
noflash said:
Try a search for "subframe damage".
lowering the car has nothing to do with subframe damage.... I should know, I've had it twice, and both times i was on stock suspension

·
needs a proper photoshoot..
683 Posts
From what i was told, lowering the rear (tucked) is fine as long as you have the proper suspension set-up. I also asked around about this cause i wanted my ride tucked, i'm running Kw V2's right now and it feels great. As for the "wheel hop" i think this is where proper suspension set up comes into place, i did a long search about this also, off the forums though, about this problem since i encountered it on my accord due to slamming on cut springs. Basically what i learned from this is that if you have the correct suspension, then you shouldn't have to worry about anything since u already have proper shocks supporting your car which keeps your car in contact with the road. But this is just from my experience and what some sources told me so if your still not sure, just call up some suspension companies and as for their opinions. Or maybe someone else on the forum with more experience can answer the question for you. :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts