E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks

·
mod bug resistant
600 Posts
Only you can answer that question. If you feel like spending over $300 on just a steering wheel then buy it. I wouldn't though.

·
booo for body roll.
3,105 Posts
feels awesome! don't have one persoanlly. but after driving an m3 and feeling itss thick wheel versus my skinny non sport 4 spoke wheel.. i was in love.

·
Banned
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i have the steering wheel that came with the sport pkg but still it feels nothing like a m3's, but other than a good feel, is there anything else that's so great about the m3 steering wheel?

320 Posts
The only way you'll know is to try one out youself. Personally I love mine. The thicker diameter and thumbrest allows you to get better control of the steering wheel. It's definitely one of my favorite mods.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I installed mine last week. I have to say it FEELS AWESOME!!!

There is no difference between the sport wheel and the M wheel other than the feeling. The ring is thicker and softer. The "nubs" are in the perfect 10/2 position. It is definitely one of my favorite mods. All of the controls work, stereo, cruise control, etc. Install was a piece of cake. Took about 20 minutes using the DIY at 330ci.com

Having said that, modding is all about personal preference. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. For me, after feeling a friend's M steering wheel and finding the part number for the wheel with all black stitching, it was a no brainer. Definitely worth the $340. IMO.

Check the for sale section. I saw a couple on sale there.

·
blackonblack
227 Posts
i have been wanting one for awhile now...just can't justify the cost.

Maybe sometime in the next few months. I have heard so many good things about it...

sig.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm glad you guys like it. :D

But IMO, I think I could find some other things that I wanted to spend that kind of $ on.

Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
11,056 Posts
so the whole steering wheel has to be changed?

·
Registered Abuser
1,022 Posts
Get it! Especially if it's not a money issue. The feel is amazing compared to the stock sports wheel. The two don't even compare. For the first few weeks after you have it installed it feels strange, but right. Like wearing a pair or ill-fitting shoes for a long time and then getting some brand new, custom fit sneakers. You know it's what you should have had all along. If you have step, get the paddle-shift retro-fit.

If you're unsure, drop by Assael and ask them to let you feel the wheel on an M3. You'll be pleased.

·
call me kev :D
5,532 Posts
i spent about 11k on my car so far including new stuff

the m3 steering is one of my FAVORTITE Mod.. it's that good

you won't regret it.. when i get it.. i was like.. DAMN, i feel like i

have a new car. :thumbup:

·
Track it
806 Posts
e46boy said:
i spent about 11k on my car so far including new stuff

the m3 steering is one of my FAVORTITE Mod.. it's that good

you won't regret it.. when i get it.. i was like.. DAMN, i feel like i

have a new car. :thumbup:
11k...jeez...what do u do for a living....can I get a job?

·
Banned
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
smoke said:
even the airbag?
i can use my old airbag since the 3seris sport pkg steering wheel and m3 share the same airbag

·
Banned
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks everyone, so how much is consider a good deal for both part and labor, one shop told me they can install it for $50 and give me 20% off on the part, is it a good deal?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts