BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
i'd tell you an honest answer too. But then you'd shoot me

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,582 Posts
I dnt want t oget into the technicalities for brakes but i dnt think its stupid. considering that ur frnot wheels do 80% of ur braking. For cosmetics, sure if u get the rears makes it all arund. but monetary wise.. its a trade off.

too bad brembo doesnt make a rear kit for E46 Non M3s.... Not ay least... i hope bremb is listening.

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,831 Posts
They have supposedly been working on a rear BBK for our cars but I'm not holding my breath or anything. It kinda amazes me they havn't made a rear kit already.

The semi-ghetto option is to get the BBK up front ad then paint the rear calipers in the mean time.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,582 Posts
I dnt even like to paint the rears. looks IMO ricy... :dunno:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,582 Posts
i have them, the OE Cross drilled Brembo rotors for the rear. they are direct replacements. 12.6in

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
no most companies only sell a Big Brake Kit for the front, such as Brembo and Stop Tech. There really is little use for a rear kit other than it looks greats. But from a performance standpoint, this is why the majority companies who do not bother producing a rear kit....it's not nearly as beneficial as a front brake upgrade.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Yea are correct :) Was the first one made in talking with Mikey...
But the rears for non-M3 E46 will be out shortly according to Brembo/retailers

INFAMOUS said:
Mikey who's on DTM had a Brembo rear BBK on his E46 at Import Eurasia. I don't know if it was a prototype though.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Of course not. Many real race cars based on street cars run stock brakes on the rear. Think about it... The harder you brake, the more weight transfer to the front tires there is. The rear brakes do very little. We should thank BMW for being so generous in giving the 330 12.6" ventilated rotors on the rear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts