E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that's what the guy from pacific bmw told me today.

·
blackonblack
227 Posts
thats not true...the only way a mod can void your warranty is if the dealer can prove that the modification was a root of a problem.

The m3 steering wheel is a direct fit and won't cause any problems with the rest of your car.

the guy from pacific is full of $hit.

·
call me kev :D
5,532 Posts
they don't sell them at pacific bmw is because of liability issue.. they don't want you to sue them if the airbag pops out and injure you while you install the steering wheel..

and the only person you should talk to @ pacific is LUI.. anyone else is just useless

·
Registered
227 Posts
hehe, i don't think it voids the warranty .. definitely not if you have it installed from the dealer too !

i mean, what sense does it make to have official bmw equipment installed by a bmw technician into your bmw, and then void the warranty ? it's worse than shooting at your own foot for bmw if they void it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i don't see any reason for that voiding the warranty...

where is this pacific bmw? i've noticed that it gets the most complaints out of any other dealership...I'm from san gabriel valley, but the only bimmer dealerships that i know of around there are assael (that's where i got my car...they were nice) and new century (they were snobs, so i bought from assael instead)

·
5,532 Posts
Omnipotent said:
i don't see any reason for that voiding the warranty...

where is this pacific bmw? i've noticed that it gets the most complaints out of any other dealership...I'm from san gabriel valley, but the only bimmer dealerships that i know of around there are assael (that's where i got my car...they were nice) and new century (they were snobs, so i bought from assael instead)
they are located in glendale.. they are not famous for their sales department.. they are probably the best dealer when it comes to OEM parts

·
Registered
86 Posts
e46boy - do you go to ucsd? i think i may have seen your car around campus...do you park at regents lot?

·
Registered
86 Posts
e46boy said:

yup that would be me :D
I park there too, except i'm driving a rental right now...gold camry solara. my car's in the shop (stock OB 330ci) getting repainted cuz some f*ck keyed my car at the gilman parking structure, and some other f*ck backed into my hood and didn't leave any contact into..i'm never parking on campus anymore :ben:

·
5,532 Posts
Omnipotent said:

I park there too, except i'm driving a rental right now...gold camry solara. my car's in the shop (stock OB 330ci) getting repainted cuz some f*ck keyed my car at the gilman parking structure, and some other f*ck backed into my hood and didn't leave any contact into..i'm never parking on campus anymore :ben:
crap man.. sorry to hear about that, our campus is pretty safe compared to others tho. never had a problem parking on campus *knock on wood*

but then again.. haters are everywhere :ben: :ben: :banghead:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts