E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a BMW Business Tape unit with CD changer with the round pin connectors and Harman Kardon DSP.

I also have the Parrot CK3000 with Connects 2 interface for my bluetooth handsfree.

What I can't remember is if I used both the connectors for the CD changer / aux / tel / nav?

Can I use the aux cable mod suggested on: http://www.diymybmw.com/e46/aux-input-cable/ ?

Has anyone done this because I can't be bothered to pull my dash to bits to find out (lazy I know!)

many thanks!

Matt

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The parrot mute kit uses X18126. X13321 and X18805 are moved to the new connector housing.

If you wish to fit the Aux-in it goes into X18805 as normal.

Some say Aux in wasn't activated until 09/2002 although reports are sketchy, and may be different for EU/US models. Please report back any success or failure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Arty,

Unfortunately I am reporting a fail - I couldn't get the system to acknowledge that there was an AUX.

Would a later model Business CD system be more likely to have this functionality or is it the iBus that determines whether it'll work?

First registration date is 09/2001.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Apparently it's the build date on the unit label, post 09/2002 is bandied about. HW and SW versions sometimes go forwards or backwards after that date, but it has no relevance to the Aux In. Allegedly.

Don't forget there needs to be a resistive load such as an iPod headphone socket connected for the HU to detect the Aux In. Also there is a ground loop issue, so do not have the unit on charge from the cigar lighter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help Arty - the iPod was playing and not plugged in to the charger at the time so I think the unit is just too old.

I may just ditch the Business Tape and CD Changer, get a Business CD and then shell out for a full-blown integration kit... i'd have the best of both worlds then...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts