BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to put an order in for a 2004 M3..But I been hearing that the M3 is going to have a facelift. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Big in Japan
1,359 Posts
no facelift planned for the m3, and considering the car only has 2 more production years (2004, 2005) there will not be one.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
RichP said:
no facelift planned for the m3, and considering the car only has 2 more production years (2004, 2005) there will not be one.
2 more production years (2004, 2005) ???

Are they going to phase it out? Whats are they replacing it with?

·
Registered
72 Posts
BM MAN - phase it out? The m3 is benchmark car for BMW - they would neve phase it - it will simply be done, then there will be a new M3/M4 with a crappy 380hp V8 - only 47 hp than the current one - most people are not happy - there is a rumor of it going over 400 but from a good source its looking to be only 380...

·
moderation in all things
908 Posts
M3_Dave said:
BM MAN - phase it out? The m3 is benchmark car for BMW - they would neve phase it - it will simply be done, then there will be a new M3/M4 with a crappy 380hp V8 - only 47 hp than the current one - most people are not happy - there is a rumor of it going over 400 but from a good source its looking to be only 380...
dude, how can you say a crappy v8? i'm sure the v8 will be much more tunable then the "stressed to the max, sometimes blows up" inline-6.

the new m3/m4 will probably kick ass. the body style, that's another story.

·
Registered
210 Posts
BM-MAN said:

2 more production years (2004, 2005) ???

Are they going to phase it out? Whats are they replacing it with?
The new M3. Probably in 2006 in Europe. Maybe a few months later over here.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
to let you knowthe 2004 m3 had a

minor facelift. something on the lines of the 3 series headlights treatment. and they have the headlights that turn with the stering wheel so many degrees. and i heard a better air conditiongingthan the one in the 2003m3. that is about the up dates on the 2004m3 that i heard of. good luck with your new baby. just remember to break her in right for first 1,250 miles
keep the rpm's under 5,000 and the first 200 miles under 60mph
and 4,500 miles.. and don't try the sport button untill 1,250 milles go by trust me on this point. hehehe you will find out soon enough.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Re: to let you knowthe 2004 m3 had a

bobm3 said:
minor facelift. something on the lines of the 3 series headlights treatment. and they have the headlights that turn with the stering wheel so many degrees. and i heard a better air conditiongingthan the one in the 2003m3. that is about the up dates on the 2004m3 that i heard of. good luck with your new baby. just remember to break her in right for first 1,250 miles
keep the rpm's under 5,000 and the first 200 miles under 60mph
and 4,500 miles.. and don't try the sport button untill 1,250 milles go by trust me on this point. hehehe you will find out soon enough.
bobm3 ;) ;)
No, the 2004 M3 did not get the headlight update nor the adaptive headlights.

Mid-way through 2003 BMW did introduce the rear deck lid update and LED brake lights on the M3 (at the same time that the 2004 non-M coupes came out with the new headlights, etc.)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the response fellas..cant wait for my baby

·
Registered
95 Posts
I saw a 2004 M3 at the dealer not long ago. It was Steel Grey, is that a new color? had GPS sharkfin on the roof, LED taillights, everything else looked the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts