BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after the last big storm it looks like a minor green house..its only at the bottom tho.. ??? im gonna go hairdry it. brb!

·
Crazy Boy
1,370 Posts
i think its just condensation. it shoudl be fine. the headlights have a hole in the back to help vent because the lights get super hot and the air inside them expands.

·
Registered
111 Posts
my driver-side headlight has a good amount of condensation too. Is there any way to remove it??

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no dae never opened lights. i think my warranty is expired i just reached 52k

·
Registered
496 Posts
Guys- I cannot stress this enough- If you have taken apart your headlight for ANY reason- (DDE's, trim change / painting etc...) make sure you put it together again properly-

I found out the hard way that there is a small plastic piece that tends to get caught between the plexi-cover and the rubber gasket that WILL MAKE YOUR HEADLIGHTS LEAK-
I have attached a photo to this post with the little beast circled- When I re-assmebled my lights one time, I got this little sucker caught- and they leaked like a sieve!

There is a small piece like this on the kidney grill side of the housing as well- Check it out-

BTW- When you are re-assembling the housings, make sure all 8 of the clilps are clicked down to the second notch

Hope this helps you out!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts