E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
My friend is giving me his M3 intake and I have a 330ci I was wondering if it would fit my car.:hmm:
I don't think so man

·
Registered
2 Posts
(first I know this thread is old, but this is just to answer others who come here and wonder why)
Any way.to make it fit
Yes and no. Yes probably you can make it fit, but the effort will cost you way too much unless you have access to a really good machine shop for free or close to it (or else the machine alone work will burn you down) To get it to fit you'd have to swap the head, and the intake along with all the wiring necessary, plus the ECU. MAJOR PAINS The head I don't believe will bolt on so there comes the machine work aspect. It would have to be modified to fit. Then even worse is the engine is slightly smaller and unless you're a rocket scientist ECU programmer, I have my doubts you'd ever get it to run right. (without reprogramming it) And this is just the stuff I can think of right off the top of my head from the differences I'm somewhat familiar with - without actually doing real research. So for all practical purposes, unless you just love tinkering and customizing, no it won't fit. But many things will work with enough money and effort thrown at it. This is a great forum to see that on a regular basis.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
(first I know this thread is old, but this is just to answer others who come here and wonder why)

Yes and no. Yes probably you can make it fit, but the effort will cost you way too much unless you have access to a really good machine shop for free or close to it (or else the machine alone work will burn you down) To get it to fit you'd have to swap the head, and the intake along with all the wiring necessary, plus the ECU. MAJOR PAINS The head I don't believe will bolt on so there comes the machine work aspect. It would have to be modified to fit. Then even worse is the engine is slightly smaller and unless you're a rocket scientist ECU programmer, I have my doubts you'd ever get it to run right. (without reprogramming it) And this is just the stuff I can think of right off the top of my head from the differences I'm somewhat familiar with - without actually doing real research. So for all practical purposes, unless you just love tinkering and customizing, no it won't fit. But many things will work with enough money and effort thrown at it. This is a great forum to see that on a regular basis.

:thumbsup:
Good luck with that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.