BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok noob Question and I searched but cannot find the answer
I just pickup my 01 m3 cab... I Dont see a switch for the mirrors to fold..

does my car have this option?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yes , mine does , but it's Euro-spec , my friend's 05 US-Spec doens't have it.

edit : just asked another friend who has 01 Us-Spec , no it doesnt have it , seems like US-Spec M3's didn't come with it .

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I dont think so... If i remember correctly he said he just bought the motor from the m5 mirror or something? wasnt hard either, hes a retard and he did it himself so it couldnt be that hard lol

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I have them on my US M3. Yes, it does cost a small fortune and no you dont have to go to the dealer to get it programmed.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Figure almost 400 a mirror, unpainted. Then you have to buy a 40 dollar mirror switch. I did the install myself, wasnt too difficult. You can also buy the m3 style mirrors that have autofold for around 200. Paint cost me 200, since I had it done at the stealership.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
just do a search in DIY for Daytonaviolet (his user name) - he has a gret DIY on this and i think it included parts and costs.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I think theres a lot of threads on this... WHat my understanding from some minimal research is that, the US M3 has folding mirrors. Not Auto Fold, but to make it auto fold you would need to buy the Motorized mirrors and a switch. Am I right about this or is this incorrect? I would like to do this mod sometime

1 - 20 of 20 Posts