BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm always on the lookout for great deals on cars, and I found a few that I may pursue. It's too bad though that I just bought my 2001 330i. I'm curious as to what I can reasonably sell it for.

Silver 2001 330i

- Runs perfect, looks perfect, even has a hint of new car smell.
- 32,500 miles
- OEM M-Aero bodykit
- Sports Package, Premium Package
- No cold-weather package (heated seats, folding rear seats, etc.)
- OEM BMW alarm system
- Aftermarket wheels/tires 3 weeks old. 19x9 Breyton Magic
w/Nitto NT555 235-series. Paid $3000 for the combo.
- I live in Tacoma, WA for those who might want to buy it.

Would $32,000 be justifiable? Or should I go higher/lower? If you would like to make an offer, go ahead, but I am mainly asking for some advice on where I should set my price.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a pic. It's a little dark and the car is a little dirty. It's gives you something to look at though.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rims by themselves were $1440 for the set.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And actually, now that I think about it, $3000 isn't right. That was after having to next-day air the stuff to Washington. The tires were $200 installed, so really I paid $2240 for everything, then $400 shipping, then tax.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
$32,000 is a bit much IMO. I've seen cars like yours sell at the dealer for about 28

The market sucks right now

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I didn't really plan on trading in, but selling privately. And 28K for a 330i? I agree the market is pretty bad right now, but most dealers will stick pretty close to high retail blue book, which I saw was about 31K at least.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Funkey, sorry for being a bit vauge. I have seen dealers locally selling a 330 with comparable mileage in the low 28s.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The 330i in that ad has 49,500 miles. That's almost 20,000 more than mine. It may not have much besides the sports package either, but it doesn't say.

The other 330i has 17,000 miles for 32K. It too may not have many options, but again I can't tell from the ad.

Hmm...well, for now I think the price is pretty good. KBB.com and Edmunds.com said my car was worth at least $31K privately so I'm going to put it around there. People always negotiate lower anyways. :pimpin:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any other opinions are welcome!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sadly, I cannot sell the rims and tires by themselves. My original wheels were stolen and this is all I have. I do have the original Type 68 spare though. But I would want the next owner to have that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just sold an 01' 330i Silver Black PP, SP, HK, Xenon, 5-spd with 18" Type 71's (OEM) and it had 21,000 miles on it for.......... $30,250

You aren't too far off, but sell your wheels and sell the car for $28-30K

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man...it doesn't hurt to wish though :). I personally don't really mind having higher mileage as long as the car runs well and has been well taken care of. Hopefully someone like that can take this car off my hands for about $32K. The car is soo....perfect, I can't even begin to describe it. Haha, the car has a rich background, with a fox sports NW announcer owning it before me. But.......speed is in my blood, and I found a killer deal on a 3000GT VR4. If it doesn't work out, hey I still got a BMW right? Damn right. :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
hey funkeycold, didn't you just buy your car? Why are you sellin' it already? I remember when your rims got ripped off and you said you had just bought the car.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well, the whole reason I bought the Bimmer was because my old VR4 developed some problems so I got rid of it. I figured a change in style to a 4-door, more practical vehicle was better in the long run. I was looking for another VR4, but couldn't really find one that I liked. And then, just having the BMW in the driveway has caused some social problems. Theives stole my wheels. I never had a problem with the way rarer VR4 spyder. It was parked outside the driveway most of the time as well. People didn't really take too much notice of it except it being a sports car. I guess you can say it wasn't something theives would really take a look at in comparison to a Benz, Bimmer, or something in a more luxury class. It seems that the BMW is way too nice to have in this neighborhood. This whole town is starting to really rake in the population, and I think the crime is starting to go up along with it. I'm a little worried that theives will soon be bold enough to steal the whole car right out from my driveway. There aren't too many luxury-class cars around here. I've only seen maybe one other Bimmer in this whole town regularly, and it's only a 318 or 325. Maybe later in life, when I actually have a garage to put it in, and live in the better place, I can live with the car worry free. Yes, the VR4 is just as nice, but it just doesn't seem to draw as much attention as the luxurious, classy, and european BMW.

Don't get me wrong, this is my first BMW and I would definately go with one as my next car. I love it. Europeans have definately infected with their cars now.

But then again, this deal may not go through. I lose nothing. I still have a great car, possibly the best I will ever own for this price and class.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts