E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Loves cookies
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking of purchasing a ecis cold air intake, but i've heard stories about the engine light coming on after installing the CAI. What happens if you install the CAI without reprograming the ecu?Is it bad? Have some of you tried it? Any engine lights come on?

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,524 Posts
never heard of problems on a 325 but i have on a 323. a dinan chip solved that problem though, if you do it, wouldnt hurt to get a Dinan chip once you get the cash...

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
everyone ive talked to said theyve had no problems with the light coming on....i thought it would too cause there is a computer type piece in the stock intake I thought...but I guess you should be fine...

·
Registered
975 Posts
I just put a CAI on my 325 the other day, no problemes at all. Don't get your self suck it to pointless expenses. Just put the CAI and enjoy the ride. You might want to cut off part of you grill for better air flow, but it's up to you. I did it.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
No you will not have any problems. The issues others have had in the past were related to bad installs. If you don't seal the intake tube to the cold air intake properly, it lets turbulant air in and it trips the mass air sensor to the ecu for a engine light. So just read the instructions and install properly.

As far as the ECU, you it would be of a great benefit to have a ECU with the CAI for more HP/Torque and proper air/fuel ratio management but as it stands the best solution for the 325 is not out yet which is the "Shark Injector". WE ARE STILL WAITING JIM, I'm bummed :sad:

Double Vanos said:
i'm thinking of purchasing a ecis cold air intake, but i've heard stories about the engine light coming on after installing the CAI. What happens if you install the CAI without reprograming the ecu?Is it bad? Have some of you tried it? Any engine lights come on?

·
Loves cookies
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cai purchase without ecu

Thanks for your feedback, now i will purchase a cai without worry. Your help is greatly appreciated.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts