BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes? Where's your second one mounted? You using the stock alternator?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
How about the space on the right side toward the windshield, under the hood? Some cars have that space available.

Unless you plan it very carefully, I wouldn't recommend a second battery unless you are sure your alternator (whether stock or aftermarket) has enough power to drive whatever ICE you have and charge both batteries.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I really dont think you need two batteries. Im running 1300 watts with 1 farad cap off my STOCK battery. Its been running for probly 6-8 months now, I know it won't last so im going with a yellow top.

·
does anyone read my p0sts?
599 Posts
I've got two batt's with the stock alternator. For convenience's sake, I put the second battery actually inside of the spare tire. Our alternators are beasts. Anyway, I use the 2nd bat primarily for prolonged car-off stereo play. I'm using a small SVR battery, which is quite nice.

·
modder fokker
6,907 Posts
i use the second one for extra power for more base performance and especialy to leave my car with the trunk open and leaving all neon and strobes on on shows.

Even after 9 hours when the battery is almost dead i can start my car with the oem one because i have a power cutting relay between the 2 batterys. My oem battery always stays in shape

1 - 6 of 6 Posts